1 injured after fire breaks out in residential tower on Yari Road in Mumbai
Fire was caused by short circuit in a 13th-floor flat of a building in Versovamumbai Updated: May 17, 2018 16:49 IST
A fire broke out in a 22-storey residential tower on Yari Road, Versova, around 2.30 am on Thursday. A 46-year-old man sustained burn injuries after a short circuit in his apartment started the fire.
“Fire broke out in a house on the 13th floor of Madar Manzil. A resident man, Fawad Khan, has sustained burn injuries on his right hand,” said the fire department official, who did not wish to be named. Khan has been admitted to Kokilaben hospital in Andheri (west).
“Officials evacuated the building because of the fire as a precautionary measure,” said Rahul Sankhla, eyewitness and a local resident of the area.
Two fire engines and a water tanker were sent to the spot, and the fire was doused by 3.15 am, the official said.
First Published: May 17, 2018 14:43 IST