Pune doctor booked for burning newborn in warmer
The complainant alleged that the doctors did not handle the equipment around the baby, who was in a warmer with an oxygen mask, properly, and the child suffered burns, according to the police.Updated:
Hindustan Times, Pune
Dr Gaurav Chopade and his staff at Vatsalya hospital in Budhwar Peth were booked after a minutes-old baby, kept in a warmer, suffered burns due to alleged mishandling of equipment by the staff at 8.45am on Tuesday.
Vijendra Vilas Kadam, a 35-year-old auto rickshaw driver filed a complaint against Dr Chopade and his staff at the Vatsalya Hospital. A case was registered at the Vishrambaug police station under Sections 287 and 338 of Indian Penal Code (IPC) based on his complaint. Police inspector (crime) AG Marathe of Vishrambaug police station will be investigating the case.
Kadam’s wife has undergone a Caesarean and was in the operation theatre when Kadam and his family members went to the adjoining labour room to see the baby, according to the complaint. After a loud noise, the room started filling with smoke. In the rush of events, the complainant alleged that the doctors did not handle the equipment around the baby, who was in a warmer with an oxygen mask, properly, and the child suffered burns, according to the police.