School bus catches fire
A bus of BMD School in Sector 63 caught fire around 5am on Wednesday, when the bus was parked on the school premises. No one was in the bus when the incident took place.Updated: May 01, 2013 20:06 IST
A bus of BMD School in Sector 63 caught fire around 5am on Wednesday, when the bus was parked on the school premises.
No one was in the bus when the incident took place.
Chief fire officer of the MC Rajeev Gupta said “The driver's cabin was destroyed in the fire. We got the call around 5.34 am and a fire tender was rushed to the spot. Within 15 minutes, fire was under control. It seems that the fire broke out due to short circuit.”
In another incident, a fire broke out in a pre-fabricated structure, built atop a jeweller's showroom in Sector 23. The structure was used as a workshop.
The incident took place around 1 pm and two fire tenders were rushed to the spot. Within 30 minutes, the fire was under control. A television, refrigerator and furniture were gutted.
Fire officer Madan Lal Sharma said the broke out due to leakage of LPG which a worker was using. There was no fire-fighting system in the structure and we would soon issue notice to them.
First Published: May 01, 2013 19:52 IST