First look of Pa Ranjith’s upcoming Tamil boxing drama Salpetta to be released this week
The first look of Pa Ranjith’s upcoming Tamil boxing drama Salpetta, set in the 1990s of north Chennai, will be unveiled this week, reliable sources have confirmed. The film features Arya in the role of a boxer. The actor underwent unbelievable transformation for his role.
A source from the film’s unit has said that the first look will be released on December 2. This film will shine the spotlight on boxing clubs in north Chennai. Arya plays a boxer from a backward community.
Recently, there were rumours that Salpetta could be the remake of Anurag Kashyap’s Mukkabaaz, which was about caste politics and a boxer from a backward community. However, the source clarified that it’s an original script.
“The film will be about the boxing culture of 1990s in north Chennai. It’ll be a very realistic tale,” the source added.
Over the last 12 months, Arya has extensively worked out to build a ripped body for his character in Salpetta. Not long ago, he teased fans with his workout routine for the project in a Twitter post. In a video, he made doing a 150 kg squat look like a cakewalk.
Ranjith had originally planned this movie with Suriya. For reasons unknown, the plan didn’t materialize and Ranjith went ahead and roped in Arya, who has set great standards with his fitness in the industry.
Ranjith returns to making a film in the north Chennai setting after two projects with actor Rajinikanth. He had previously made Madras, about the local politics and rowdyism in north Chennai, with Karthi in the lead.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Eijaz Khan said that he and Pavitra Punia are serious about each other. He added that their families are also involved in their relationship.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter, Suhana Khan, has shared a new picture on Instagram Stories, showing off her necklace collection.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's niece, Mallika Singh, shared precious memories with him on his birth anniversary. She said that she misses him ‘more than (he) can ever imagine’.
- Mira Rajput has shared new pictures from her Goa vacation with Shahid Kapoor. See her latest posts here.
- Kangana Ranaut criticised Twitter after a representative justified temporary restriction of her account, citing her now-deleted anti-Tandav tweet.
- Anil Kapoor was sceptical about playing Priyanka Chopra's father in Dil Dhadakne Do, as they were offered films as a romantic pair in the past. His son, Harsh Varrdhan Kapoor, convinced him to take up the role.
- Losing Alice review: Despite a couple of strong performances by Ayelet Zurer and Lihi Kornowski, Apple's Israeli series can't make the most of its promising premise.
- Actor Tiger Shroff's sister, Krishna, has shared a special post on her 28th birthday, and Disha Patani is in awe. Check it out here.
- Kiku Sharda has dismissed reports that Krushna Abhishek is upset with him over a joke he made on a recent episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.
- Actor Arjun Rampal has shared a new video with his son, Arik. His partner, Gabriella Demetriades, loves it.
- Varun Dhawan evaded commenting on his upcoming wedding with Natasha Dalal in Alibaug when photographers congratulated him. Watch the video here.
- Renuka Shahane, whose parents separated when she was eight years old, was ostracised by other children because she came from a 'broken family'.