Saurabh smashes world record in finals to win T1 air pistol trials, Manu too win
India ace Saurabh Chaudhary smashed the finals world record with a stunning 246.9 to win the 10m air pistol T1 men's trials at the ongoing national shooting trials here on Friday.
Haryana's Manu Bhaker also emerged victorious in the T1 women's 10m air pistol trials at the Dr Karni Singh Shooting range.
Both world number 4 Saurabh and world number 2 Manu topped their qualification rounds before going on to win the finals.
Saurabh shot a sizzling 590 in the 60-shot qualification round, before producing a record score of 246.9 in the final to annihilate his opposition.
North Korea's Kim Song Guk holds the finals world record with a score of 246.5.
Manu, on the other hand, shot 580 in qualifying which was enough to give her the top spot. She then shot 239.3 to win the finals. Tamil Nadu's Shri Nivetha came second, while UP's Neha finished third.This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Seven of India’s nine Tokyo Olympics-bound boxers won medals, some of them beating world class boxers. Manish Kaushik (63kg) was the star as he made an impressive return from injury–tear in the biceps required surgery in May—and won gold in his first event after the tough recovery phase.
- The Belarusian coach, who mentored India’s top women distance runners to international medals, was found dead at NIS Patiala on Friday
- Officials in Anoka County, Minnesota, confirmed Friday that Pavelich died at the Eagle's Healing Nest in Sauk Centre, Minnesota, on Thursday morning. The cause and manner of death are still pending.
- Makhachev has an impressive record of 18 wins and only one loss and is a former teammate of retired lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.
- ‘India Unleashed’, an event sanctioned by the Indian Boxing Commission (IBC), Goraya wants to rope in changes with USA styled boxing format and help ring in the changes for professional boxing in India.