Latest from andy murray
- Few top players go as far down as the Challenger circuit in a bid to make a comeback. Murray did exactly that. He just wants to play on
Published on Jan 22, 2022 10:37 PM IST
, MumbaiRutvick Mehta
- A bitterly disappointed Andy Murray was knocked out of the second round of the Australian Open on Thursday and said he might not be back next year if his results this season didn't match up to his expectations.
Updated on Jan 20, 2022 06:36 PM IST
The former world number one, a five-time finalist at Melbourne Park, has seen his ranking plummet since hip surgery in 2019 and long injury layoffs that followed and needed a wildcard into the main draw of this year's tournament.
Updated on Jan 18, 2022 02:46 PM IST
Reuters | , Melbourne
Andy Murray, playing in his first final since the European Open in Antwerp in October 2019, started tentatively and was broken in the first game of the match as Aslan Karatsev raced into an early lead after a couple of solid holds.
Published on Jan 15, 2022 05:42 PM IST
The 34-year-old, who last played at the Australian Open in 2019, said he was delighted with his gritty display in Sydney.
Published on Jan 12, 2022 11:45 PM IST
Andy Murray, a three-times Grand Slam champion, last played the hardcourt major in 2019.
Published on Dec 23, 2021 08:33 PM IST
Reuters | , Melbourne
The world number five Andrey Rublev emerged victorious against Andy Murray to secure the maiden World Tennis Championship exhibition tournament title in Abu Dhabi on Saturday.
Published on Dec 19, 2021 02:04 PM IST
ANI | , Abu Dhabi [uae]
- Andy Murray defeated Rafael Nadal 6-3 7-5 in the Spaniard's comeback game during the World Tennis Championship exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi.
Published on Dec 18, 2021 07:16 AM IST
Reuters | , Abu Dhabi
Andy Murray has reached just his second ATP Tour quarterfinals in the last two years.
Published on Nov 11, 2021 10:07 AM IST
AP | , Stockholm
The 34-year-old Briton, who blew seven match points in a loss to Dominik Koepfer in the Paris Masters last week, saved a set point before closing it out on his third match point.
Published on Nov 10, 2021 10:05 AM IST
Three-time Grand Slam champion Murray, who had hip surgeries in 2018 and 2019 and is currently ranked 156th, was also knocked out in the second round in Antwerp, third round at Indian Wells and second round in San Diego earlier this month.
Published on Oct 28, 2021 10:24 AM IST
- Murray missed a match point on Hurkacz's serve in the second-set tiebreaker but the former No. 1 rallied from a break down in the final set to wrap up the win after more than 2 hours, 40 minutes.
Published on Oct 26, 2021 07:57 AM IST
Victoria sports minister Martin Pakula said on Tuesday that players planning to compete at the first Grand Slam of the year should get vaccinated to give themselves the best chance of competing in Melbourne.
Published on Oct 13, 2021 03:50 PM IST
- The match was even at 5-all but turned when Murray, a three-time Grand Slam champion and former No. 1-ranked player who is now 109th, allowed the first set to slip away entirely and also fell behind early in the second by dropping five consecutive games.
Updated on Oct 01, 2021 08:59 AM IST
- The 34-year-old Murray, a three-time Grand Slam champion and two-time Olympic gold medalist, is still trying to work his way back to form after two hip operations and a series of other injuries.
Published on Sep 29, 2021 01:15 PM IST
Murray was furious when Tsitsipas took a break that ran close to eight minutes during their five-set first-round clash on Monday, which he felt disrupted his game and swayed the outcome.
Published on Sep 01, 2021 09:18 AM IST
- Andy Murray is a former No. 1 and three-time Grand Slam title winner, including in New York in 2012. His ranking slid out of the top 100 after he had two hip operations in recent years.
Published on Aug 09, 2021 10:26 PM IST
- Novak Djokovic dispatched Kevin Anderson in clinical fashion, winning 6-3 6-3 6-3 to reach the third round, while Andy Murray left a late-night Centre Court crowd spellbound as he battled past German qualifier Oscar Otte to win a five-set epic.
Published on Jul 01, 2021 07:49 AM IST
Reuters | , London
Murray, 34, will compete in the men's singles alongside Dan Evans and team up with Joe Salisbury in the doubles.
Published on Jun 24, 2021 05:11 PM IST
Reuters | , London
The men's and women's singles winners will each get $2.4 million, a nearly 28% decrease from 2019, although the overall reduction in prize money is 5.2%, the All England Club also announced Wednesday.
Published on Jun 16, 2021 10:25 PM IST
PTI | , London
- It was Murray's first grass-court match in three years and he felt right at home, converting all three break points and never facing one himself.
Updated on Jun 16, 2021 07:50 AM IST
AP | , London
Two-time Wimbledon champion Andy Murray admits their are question marks about whether his body will hold up as he prepares to return to competitive action at Queen's Club.
Published on Jun 14, 2021 10:33 PM IST
- Former world number one Andy Murray said 20-time Grand Slam champion Roger Federer made a "sensible decision" to withdraw from the French Open.
Published on Jun 07, 2021 11:59 AM IST
- Andy Murray has entered the qualifying rounds for the French Open later this month but tournament director Guy Forget said the former world number one "deserves" a wildcard spot for the clay-court Grand Slam.
Published on May 13, 2021 12:26 PM IST
Murray, who was won three Grand Slam titles, has fallen to 123 in the world rankings after long injury lay-offs because of hip operations.
Updated on May 10, 2021 05:17 PM IST
Murray, a three-time Grand Slam champion, pulled out of the Miami Open last week due to a groin injury.
Published on Mar 30, 2021 03:53 PM IST
- Murray, a three-times Grand Slam champion, has had a stop-start year after he was unable to fly to the Australian Open after testing positive for Covid-19.
Published on Mar 15, 2021 10:31 PM IST
Reuters | hindustantimes.com, Florida
- Murray was forced to pull out of the first major of 2021 in Melbourne after he was unable to find what he called a "workable quarantine"
Updated on Feb 07, 2021 11:17 AM IST
AP | , Melbourne
Murray is listed to play an indoor tournament in Biella starting February 15, the Italian Tennis Federation said Wednesday.
Published on Jan 27, 2021 07:26 PM IST
The three-time Grand Slam champion is isolating at home and still hopes to compete in Australia when it is safe to travel, the person said.
Updated on Jan 14, 2021 08:18 PM IST