capt. amarinder singh]
PUBLISHED ON APR 11, 2021 02:35 PM IST
Badal said the Kisan Andolan could have been avoided if Singh acted against the farm ordinances when they were introduced.
PUBLISHED ON APR 10, 2021 07:32 PM IST
"We have staged a strike supporting farmers who have been protesting for the last few months. If the Centre's direct benefit transfer scheme is implemented, it will destroy farmers," General Secretary of the Majdoor Union, Punjab said.
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Arpan Rai
UPDATED ON APR 10, 2021 03:59 PM IST
While Singh pointed out that the state's vaccine stock will only last for three days, Gehlot said the shortage of vaccines was a reality.
PUBLISHED ON APR 09, 2021 03:17 PM IST
- Chairing the first meeting of the newly-constituted PPDB, Amarinder was informed by the officials that this project, besides giving employment to 400 released prisoners, would generate an expected revenue of ₹40 lakh per month.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 27, 2021 10:50 PM IST
- Policemen escorting Arun Narang faced a tough time in protecting him from the protesters
By Vishal Joshi
PUBLISHED ON MAR 22, 2021 12:34 AM IST
- The AAP leader also portrayed his party as an alternative to both the Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Party in the state that goes to polls next year.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 06:39 PM IST
Addressing a Kisan Maha Sammelan organised by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) at Punjab's Moga, he told people that his party will always stand shoulder to shoulder with the farmers protesting against the Centre's three farm laws.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 19, 2021 02:18 AM IST
- What is the use of making it a prestige issue? How many more farmers do you want to kill? The Constitution has been amended more than 100 times in the past, so why can it not be done again?” Amarinder Singh said.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 18, 2021 07:13 PM IST
According to Punjab CMO, "Taking serious note of perceptible increase in drone movement from across the border, Punjab CM Captain Amarinder Singh declared that "as long as I' am here, no Khalistani or Pakistani or any other terrorist activity will be allowed to disturb the peace of the state."
PUBLISHED ON MAR 05, 2021 10:59 PM IST
The CM was responding to a question during an informal media interaction after taking the first shot of the Covid-19 vaccine at Civil Hospital in Mohali.
By Srimoyee Chowdhury
PUBLISHED ON MAR 05, 2021 01:49 PM IST
The clip starts with Abdullah dancing to the song Aaj Kal Tere Mere Pyar Ke Charche from the Shammi Kapoor-starrer Brahmachari.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 27, 2021 06:35 PM IST
The Junior Commissioned officer is survived by his father, wife and two sons aged 11 and 13 years.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 24, 2021 07:56 PM IST
The chief minister directed the Transport Department to create a user-friendly online facility within the next three months for receipt and processing of applications of all bus permits to make the system more transparent and eliminate corruption, according to a government statement.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 02:35 AM IST
Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh termed the results as a validation of his government’s policies and the rejection of anti-people and anti-farmer parties.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 15, 2021 09:55 PM IST
"The polling day on February 14 was a black day for democracy in Punjab," AAP legislator Aman Arora said.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 07, 2021 06:46 PM IST
Taking to Twitter, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that the government is ready to provide all possible help to the people of Uttarakhand in this difficult time.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Shankhyaneel Sarkar
PUBLISHED ON FEB 02, 2021 04:55 PM IST
- Mann, the AAP's Lok Sabha leader, said that the chief minister is obligated to join the farmers at Delhi’s borders and should set up a helpdesk for them.
UPDATED ON FEB 01, 2021 11:02 PM IST
- "Our hearts are with those fighting for their rights at the Delhi borders," said the Chief Minister, appealing to the people of Punjab to immediately dial 112 to report any case of a person missing during the tractor rally.
Written by Prashasti Singh
PUBLISHED ON FEB 01, 2021 08:32 PM IST
Claiming that the Budget was “reflective of the BJP-led central government's total apathy towards the common man, the middle class and farmers”, the Punjab CM said that it was part of Centre’s efforts to sideline non-BJP ruled states.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 01, 2021 03:12 AM IST
The meeting will be held in Chandigarh wherein the parties will discuss the situation in the wake of the Republic Day violence, the Singhu border attack on protesters and the vilification campaign against farmers.
By Vinod Sharma
UPDATED ON JAN 29, 2021 10:59 PM IST
- Punjab chief minister Amarinder Singh argues that the only way to end the impasse over the three farm laws is dialogue.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Mallika Soni
UPDATED ON JAN 26, 2021 06:34 PM IST
Thousands of protesting farmers clashed with police in several areas of Delhi and stormed the historic Red Fort after breaking through barricades at different border points of the national capital on Tuesday.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 25, 2021 05:01 PM IST
The sight of farmers' tractors on Delhi roads tomorrow will underline the fact that the ethos of the Indian Constitution and the essence of our Republic is inalienable and uncompromisable, he said.
Written by Poulomi Ghosh
UPDATED ON JAN 24, 2021 03:56 PM IST
The party on Sunday produced RTI documents claiming Punjab CM Amarinder Singh was part of a high-powered committee of chief ministers for 'Transformation of Indian Agriculture'.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Deepali Sharma
PUBLISHED ON JAN 22, 2021 09:26 PM IST
The 11th round of talks scheduled between farmers' union and government on Friday resulted in a stalemate.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 16, 2021 12:23 PM IST
Punjab will kickstart the process of vaccination of 1.74 lakh health workers with 40,000 to be covered every day over the next five days in the first phase.