The ECI, following a request from Jamaui MP Chirag Paswan, has given his faction the name of Lok Janshakti Party (Ram Vilas) and the election symbol “helicopter”.
Updated on Oct 06, 2021 04:30 AM IST
- The Election Commission in a statement said that the decision was taken as bypolls will be held in Bihar’s Kusheshwar Asthan and Tarapur.
Published on Oct 02, 2021 03:48 PM IST
Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Both the Paswan and Paras factions will be fielding candidates in the yet to be announced bypolls, and both have claimed the right to use the party’s name and symbol.
Updated on Sep 27, 2021 04:51 AM IST
Smriti Kak Ramachandran, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Here are today’s top news, analysis and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Updated on Sep 12, 2021 01:02 PM IST
Bihar: Although the LJP is fraught with issues concerning party leadership, its current chief and Ram Vilas' brother Pashupati Kumar Paras has said that he will attend the death anniversary event.
Updated on Sep 12, 2021 06:45 AM IST
Written by Joydeep Bose | Edited by Meenakshi Ray, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Chirag Paswan invited Tejashwi Yadav for an event on September 12 to mark the first death anniversary of his father and former Union minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
Published on Sep 08, 2021 01:00 PM IST
The bungalow, 12, Janpath, where the late Union minister had lived for decades has now been allocated to Cabinet minister Ashwini Vaishnaw following the former's demise.
Published on Sep 07, 2021 04:02 PM IST
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief and former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad also said the caste census should be conducted at all costs
Updated on Aug 03, 2021 10:00 PM IST
Anirban Guha Roy, Patna, Hindustan Times
Lalu Prasad left the political pundits guessing after calling on LJD leader Sharad Yadav a day after meeting veteran SP leader Mulayam Singh Yadav in Delhi.
Published on Aug 03, 2021 04:34 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Avik Roy, New Delhi
Lok Janshakti Party leader and Jamui MP Chirag Paswan on Monday spoke to Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) president Lalu Prasad and Tejashwi Yadav, his son and leader of opposition in Bihar.
Updated on Jul 13, 2021 12:06 AM IST
Vijay Swaroop, Patna, Hindustan Times
Chirag Paswan is fighting his uncle for the control of Lok Janshakti Party, founded by his father Ram Vilas Paswan. The meeting with RJD leader fuelled speculation about a new political equation in Bihar.
Published on Jul 12, 2021 06:49 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Justice Rekha Palli said there was no merit in the petition as the Speaker has the right to regulate the internal disputes of the House. The judge added that the court cannot be asked to solve the internal party disputes.
Published on Jul 10, 2021 01:12 AM IST
- Justice Rekha Palli said the court was inclined to impose a cost on Chirag Paswan but refrained from doing so after a counsel made a request to the bench.
Published on Jul 09, 2021 07:18 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Sohini Sarkar, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- A factional fight had broken out between Chirag Paswan and Pashupati Paras, with both claiming rights to lead the party
Published on Jul 08, 2021 08:48 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Ayshee Bhaduri | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Paras, the younger brother of Chirag Paswan's late father Ram Vilas Paswan, is a member of Lok Sabha from Hajipur and now a Union minister.
Updated on Jul 08, 2021 01:11 PM IST
Written by Prashasti Singh | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Chirag, who is locked in a power tussle with the Paras-led faction, ever since the party split on June 17, said his party continued to be with the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) at the Centre.
Updated on Jul 07, 2021 02:55 AM IST
Arun Kumar, Patna
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Published on Jul 05, 2021 12:49 PM IST
hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
Chirag Paswan launched the Ashirvad Yatra on the birth anniversary of his father. Ram Vilas Paswan, the founder of Lok Janshakti Party, died in October last year.
Published on Jul 05, 2021 11:51 AM IST
The roadshow is being seen as the beginning of a new politics by Chirag, who is often accused of operating from Delhi and not spending much time in his home state.
Updated on Jul 05, 2021 06:37 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Shivani Kumar | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- Tejashwi’s decision to also celebrate the late Union minister’s birth anniversary comes amid Chirag Paswan’s decision to begin Ashirwad Yatra to celebrate the birth anniversary of his late father.
Updated on Jun 27, 2021 05:52 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Shankhyaneel Sarkar | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
"And their (BJP’s) silence hurts me. I still have faith in my Prime Minister. I did expect that he will intervene and mediate and try to solve the problem," LJP leader Chirag Paswan said.
Updated on Jun 23, 2021 03:07 PM IST
Chirag Paswan was removed recently as the party chief by a faction of the LJP headed by his uncle Pashupati Kumar Paras.
Published on Jun 22, 2021 05:46 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Meenakshi Ray, New Delhi
- On Sunday, Chirag Paswan held a meet of the party’s national executive in New Delhi and resolved to take out the “ashirvad yatra” in Hajipur on July 5 to mark the birth anniversary of his father, who died in October last year
Updated on Jun 21, 2021 02:25 AM IST
Published on Jun 20, 2021 01:39 PM IST
The Lok Janshakti Party witnessed a split last Sunday when five of the party's six MPs chose Chirag Paswan's uncle Pashupati Paras as their leader.
Published on Jun 20, 2021 12:39 PM IST
The move is being seen as a show of strength in support of Chirag Paswan, the son of LJP founder Ram Vilas Paswan, after all five other MPs of the party joined Pashupati Paras to divest him of key positions.
Published on Jun 20, 2021 06:42 AM IST
hindustantimes.com | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi
- Chirag Paswan met Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla to present his case against the decision to accept the claim of the other faction declaring Paras as the leader of the party in the Lok Sabha.
Updated on Jun 20, 2021 12:13 AM IST
- The crisis broke out late Sunday night when Pashupati Kumar Paras and four other MPs rebelled against Chirag Paswan and replaced him as parliamentary party chief with Paras
Updated on Jun 19, 2021 02:39 AM IST
On Thursday, LJP elected Paras unopposed as the new party chief in an election. Chirag Paswan, son of Ram Vilas Paswan, founder of LJP and veteran politician, claimed the election was done by suspended members of the party.
Published on Jun 18, 2021 10:54 PM IST
hindustantimes.com | Written by Shivani Kumar | Edited by Poulomi Ghosh, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
- The Paras faction of the party “removed” Chirag Paswan from the president’s post on Tuesday, and appointed a loyalist, Suraj Bhan Singh as working president.
Updated on Jun 18, 2021 04:20 AM IST