By Somshuvra Laha, Kolkata
PUBLISHED ON JUL 27, 2021 09:07 PM IST
At a time when cricket ought to have been simplifying itself to find more global appeal, The Hundred is further messing with minds.
UPDATED ON JUL 18, 2021 01:54 PM IST
- ECB decided to do away with stringent bio-bubble protocols for the upcoming India-England Test series and former India cricketer Aakash Chopra remarked that if something goes wrong, it could have major repercussions on the series.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 06, 2021 05:01 PM IST
- PCB reacted to the virus outbreak in the England camp just a couple of days before their limited overs series against Pakistan. ECB announced that the ODIs will go an as per schedule.
UPDATED ON JUL 06, 2021 02:35 PM IST
- Covid-19 rocks England camp: ECB, however, confirmed that the ODI and T20I series against Pakistan will go on as per schedule. The first England vs Pakistan ODI is slated to be played at Cardiff on July 8.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 03, 2021 04:02 PM IST
- Robinson, who made an impressive debut in the first Test against New Zealand last month, found himself in hot soup after his ‘discriminatory’ tweets from 2013-14 resurfaced on social media, prompting ECB to launch an investigation.
PUBLISHED ON JUL 03, 2021 11:23 AM IST
- The Hundred: Northern Superchargers selected Durham allrounder Ben Raine as the first pick. Oval Invincibles chose to snap up Kent youngster Jordan Cox next, with seamer Sam Cook being selected third by Trent Rockets.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 25, 2021 08:08 PM IST
Buttler sustained the injury during the first T20I against Sri Lanka on Wednesday at Sophia Gardens.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 25, 2021 08:29 AM IST
- The BCCI will be writing to the England and Wales Cricket Board, requesting them to arrange a couple of warm-up matches for the Indian cricket team before the start of the five-Test series against England from August 4.
ANI | , London
PUBLISHED ON JUN 23, 2021 12:23 PM IST
Sophia Dunkley is included and could make her ODI debut when the series gets underway at Bristol on Sunday. Freya Davies and Sarah Glenn, who returned to their regional teams during the Test match, are back in the squad.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 12, 2021 05:19 PM IST
Fast bowler Robinson's tweets from 2012-13 came to light while he was making his England debut during the drawn first Test against New Zealand at Lord's last week, the development creating a furore and reigniting the debate on racism in the sport.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 09, 2021 03:33 PM IST
The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has made it clear they have a zero tolerance policy for any sort of discrimination.
Reuters | , London
UPDATED ON JUN 09, 2021 01:24 PM IST
- The England and Wales Cricket Board has vowed to take "relevant and appropriate action" after questions were raised publicly about historical tweets from several England players.
PUBLISHED ON JUN 09, 2021 11:47 AM IST
- The ECB should not "come down too hard" on Ollie Robinson for old racist and sexist comments he made on Twitter if the fast bowler has since changed his behaviour, Michael Holding said.
PTI | , London
UPDATED ON JUN 09, 2021 12:56 PM IST
- Old tweets from England's Eoin Morgan and Jos Buttler have come to light which seem to be written in a way which mocks the English language used by fans.
UPDATED ON JUN 08, 2021 12:46 PM IST
- Former India cricketer Aakash Chopra shared his thoughts on England pacer Ollie Robinson's suspension following the disclosure of his racist and sexist tweets.
UPDATED ON JUN 07, 2021 05:55 PM IST
A place on the squad came free after Ollie Robinson was suspended from all international cricket by the ECB following the emergence of racist and sexist comments he posted on Twitter nine years ago.
UPDATED ON MAY 28, 2021 08:25 AM IST
- BCCI is looking at a September end-early October window, it gives birth to another question: Will we see the English players participate in it?
UPDATED ON MAY 28, 2021 09:47 AM IST
- As per reports, the ECB did not entertain the BCCI’s request to change the schedule of the five-Test series between India and England.
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAY 25, 2021 08:23 AM IST
Indian team is looking at a potential gap of six weeks after the completion of World Test Championship final against New Zealand which is scheduled from June 18-22 in Southampton and start of the England series.
PTI | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAY 21, 2021 10:58 AM IST
British media had reported about a possible approach from the BCCI to advance the first Test, starting August 4, by a week so that the remaining 31 matches of the League could be held.
UPDATED ON MAY 18, 2021 09:32 PM IST
All-rounder Ben Stokes is progressing well from his fractured left index finger and is set to return to action next month for Durham in the Blast competition.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 14, 2021 05:16 PM IST
Aakash Chopra has suggested three teams that will be adversely affected by the absence of English players. Those three sides are -Rajasthan Royals, Chennai Super Kings and Sunrisers Hyderabad.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 13, 2021 12:12 PM IST
- Ben Stokes said that even though he may be fit by the time IPL resumes, the all-rounder still may not be able to participate in the T20 tournament.
UPDATED ON MAY 11, 2021 12:36 PM IST
BCCI president Sourav Ganguly said that the chances of IPL taking place in India are very less. However, if a rescheduled IPL 2021 does take place, the availability of English players would be a doubt.
PUBLISHED ON APR 21, 2021 10:47 AM IST
Ed Smith is leaving at the end of April after about three years in the role, the England and Wales Cricket Board said on Tuesday.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 31, 2021 12:28 PM IST
May 17 has been pencilled in as the date when the largest outdoor seated venues can allow up to 10,000 people or a quarter of capacity, whichever is lower, under the third stage of the government's "roadmap" for easing COVID-19 restrictions.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 27, 2021 06:07 PM IST
England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) on Saturday confirmed that fast bowler Jofra Archer will be undergoing a procedure to his right hand following a scan and subsequent consultant review since he returned to the UK on Tuesday.
By HT Correspondent, New Delhi
UPDATED ON MAR 15, 2021 11:15 PM IST
- The remaining three T20Is between India and England will be played behind closed doors as a precautionary measure against Covid-19.
By Bloomberg| Posted by: Harshit Sabarwal
PUBLISHED ON JAN 07, 2021 06:46 PM IST
Publishing the amount of the so-called TLTRO III loans and the related interest would help the public “evaluate the significance of financial instruments for the financial position and performance of banks,” the European Securities and Markets Authority said in a statement on Wednesday.
Hindustan Times, New Delhi | By hindustantimes.com
UPDATED ON JAN 06, 2021 03:29 PM IST
Ambrose picked 405 Test wickets and 225 ODI wickets in his stellar career. The fast bowler, who retired in 2000, has the lowest average among all the fast bowlers who have picked 400 or more wickets (20.99).