israel pm netanyahu]
By hindustantimes.com | Written by Amit Chaturvedi, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUL 20, 2021 10:24 AM IST
Ashadhi Ekadashi is a prominent festival of the Warkari community, predominantly found in Maharashtra. Chief minister Uddhav Thackeray performed a puja on the occasion in Lord Vitthal's temple in Pandharpur.
Reuters | , Jerusalem
PUBLISHED ON JUN 03, 2021 05:57 AM IST
Lapid's main partner is nationalist Naftali Bennett, who would serve as prime minister first under a rotation between the two men. Lapid, 57, a former TV host and finance minister, would take over after about two years.
By hindustantimes.com, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JUN 01, 2021 05:58 AM IST
- Two rivals of PM Benjamin Netanyahu have announced a partnership that could dethrone Israel's longest-serving leader.
Agencies | , Jerusalem, Cairo
PUBLISHED ON MAY 31, 2021 08:17 AM IST
- Following the development, Netanyahu, as known as “Bibi” across Israel, said that a coalition government without him was a “danger” for Israel’s security, according to AFP.
AP | , Jerusalem
UPDATED ON MAY 31, 2021 04:17 AM IST
- If Bennett and Lapid and their other partners can wrap up a deal, it would end, at least for the time being, the record-setting tenure of Netanyahu, the most dominant figure in Israeli politics over the past three decades.
PUBLISHED ON MAY 19, 2021 07:44 PM IST
Joe Biden asked Netanyahu to move “toward the path to a cease-fire,” according to a White House description of their conversation.
AP | , Gaza Strip
PUBLISHED ON MAY 11, 2021 12:23 PM IST
- Since sundown Monday when the cross-border fighting erupted, 24 Palestinians - including nine children - were killed in Gaza, most by airstrikes
PUBLISHED ON MAY 11, 2021 07:09 AM IST
Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu had said that Hamas crossed a "red line" by directing missiles towards Jerusalem and that the Jewish state would "respond with force".
UPDATED ON MAY 05, 2021 10:24 PM IST
- President Reuven Rivlin, in a televised address announcing his choice of Lapid, said the former finance minister had the pledged support of 56 of parliament's 120 members, still short of a majority.
UPDATED ON APR 05, 2021 12:16 PM IST
- Netanyahu is Israel's longest-serving prime minister and has clung to power through four hard-fought elections in less than two years, even as he has faced allegations of bribery, fraud and breach of trust.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 25, 2021 05:23 PM IST
Partial tallies from Tuesday's ballot showed Netanyahu's conservative Likud and ideologically kindred factions short of a majority in the 120-seat Knesset - raising the possibility he would seek some sort of accommodation with the United Arab List.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 24, 2021 11:44 AM IST
Netanyahu may have recognised that he may fall short of the votes he needs to build a viable coalition after a fourth indecisive election, according to The Times of Israel.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 23, 2021 10:44 AM IST
Opinion polls indicated an uptick for Netanyahu's right-wing Likud party in the campaign's final days, giving a prospective coalition of conservative and ultra-Orthodox Jewish parties around 60 seats in the 120-member parliament.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Mallika Soni, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON MAR 22, 2021 12:04 PM IST
- 71-year-old Netanyahu, who is the longest-serving leader in the history of the country, faces corruption allegations that led to massive protests in the country ahead of the elections.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 21, 2021 06:03 AM IST
Protesters filed through streets closed to traffic by police, waving flags, banging drums, blowing horns and shouting chants to replace the 71-year-old conservative.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 20, 2021 01:40 PM IST
Israel’s jobless rate, including furloughed workers, soared during the coronavirus pandemic, peaking around 30% before settling back near 18%, even after the economy started reopening from its third lockdown six weeks ago.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 16, 2021 12:59 PM IST
- Netanyahu’s Likud party splintered last year, giving loyalists another slate with a similar ideology, Gideon Sa’ar’s New Hope.
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 08:46 PM IST
Meeting Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi in Jerusalem, Al Khaja, 40, said he was "very proud and honoured to be the first Emirati ambassador" to Israel, where, he said, he and his hosts were discussing "the model of how we operate".
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 06:49 PM IST
Late Sunday, Syria reported that it was dealing with an Israeli missile attack on targets near Damascus. Israeli media said the Israeli air force attacked Iranian targets in response to the assault on the ship. The military had no comment.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 25, 2021 07:02 PM IST
Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates formalised ties with Israel on Sept. 15 in part over shared concerns about Iran, in a deal forged by former U.S. President Donald Trump.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 04:14 AM IST
Netanyahu's office was first to announce the conversation Wednesday night, releasing a photo of a smiling prime minister holding a phone to his ear. The statement said the conversation was “warm and friendly” and lasted about an hour.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 16, 2021 04:13 AM IST
Netanyahu dismissed any notion that Biden was intentionally excluding him, telling Israel's Channel 12 television channel: "He'll call ... We have had very strong friendly relations for nearly 40 years."
PUBLISHED ON FEB 08, 2021 01:20 PM IST
Netanyahu was indicted in 2019 in long-running cases involving gifts from millionaire friends and for allegedly seeking regulatory favours for media tycoons in return for favourable coverage.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 08, 2021 11:44 AM IST
The corruption case has had a polarising impact on Israelis. Thousands of demonstrators gather weekly outside his official residence and across Israel under the banner of "Crime Minister", demanding he quit.
PTI | , Jerusalem
PUBLISHED ON FEB 07, 2021 12:13 PM IST
They also blame him for damage to the economy, with unemployment in double digits after a series of nationwide lockdowns.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 04, 2021 04:39 PM IST
Netanyahu has said he plans to visit Israel’s new Gulf partners for several months. It would be the first official visit by an Israeli prime minister. But those plans have been repeatedly postponed.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Amit Chaturvedi, New Delhi
UPDATED ON FEB 02, 2021 03:36 PM IST
The premier investigating agency will look into the Iran angle, people aware of the development said.
AFP | , New Delhi
PUBLISHED ON JAN 30, 2021 10:45 PM IST
The envoy, Ron Malka, said he was not surprised by Friday's attack, which caused no injuries but blew the windows out of three cars.
By Shishir Gupta, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON FEB 01, 2021 10:54 AM IST
- The “very low intensity” explosion was reported in the national capital’s high-security zone at 5.05 pm.
PUBLISHED ON JAN 17, 2021 06:26 AM IST
Netanyahu is charged with fraud, breach of trust and accepting bribes in three cases involving billionaire associates and media moguls, charges that he denies.