It’s rainin' weddings on the tube!
It seems the wedding season has come too early. While Ms Sawant will finalise her rajkumar on Aug 2, Akshara and Naitik finally got married after 4 weeks! Watch out for more such 'tube-knots'.tv Updated: Jul 28, 2009 17:24 IST
It seems the wedding season has come too early. While Ms Sawant will finalise her rajkumar on Aug 2, Akshara and Naitik finally got married after 4 weeks!
For instance, Star Plus and Sumit-Shashi Mittal’s new offering Sajan Ghar Jana Hai is all set to air on the channel soon. Another one being Meera on Star One. Watch out for more such 'tube-knots'...
* Rakhi ka Swayamvar (NDTV Imagine): The lady, Ms Sawant, is still in the process of finalizing her ‘sapnon ka rajkumar’. The show’s down to half an hour from one hour. The finalists are down to three. Hope this is the deciding week and we don’t have to go through more melodrama and her 'Oh jhejhus'!
* Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (Star Plus): This one could easily win the longest wedding on TV award. In this day and age, Akshara-Naitik’s wedding rituals have stretched beyond 10 episodes. It’s turning out to be the Hum Aapke Hain Koun of the tube. The nearly 5-weeks wedding turned out to jangle nerves of an already irritated audience. Wonder where those TRPs came from!?
* Sapnaa Babul Ka-Bidaai (Star Plus): This one just withdrew from the contest to become the next Barjatya wedding video. Sadhna and Alekh have been married a second time over, over loads of melodrama and litres of glycerin. All for the 'rona-dhona' added to the 'marriage'!
* Sabki Ladli Bebo (Star Plus): No references to Kareena Kapoor. Bebo, the beti of the family, finally tied the knot with the man of her dreams and reality. The shaadi lasted a few episodes only. Phew!
* Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari (Colors): This one was a ‘nail-biting wedding’. No one knew whom would Chandni eventually marry – Raj or Param. And finally she marries Param. What a waste!