Salman Khan on Bigg Boss 9: I am in awe of Katrina Kaif
Superstar Salman Khan welcomed Katrina Kaif on stage during the finale of his show Bigg Boss 9 and heaped praise on the actress by calling her “one of the strongest women” he has ever known. Katrina, 32, was accompanied by actor Aditya Roy Kapur on the reality TV show to promote their upcoming romance Fitoor.
Read: Prince wins Bigg Boss 9
This was the second time that the actress appeared on Salman’s show after her 2010 visit for the promotion of her comedy Tees Maar Khan. Though they were sharing the stage after a long time, the ex-couple’s comfort level was evident. Be it Katrina’s leg-pulling by Salman or her demure retorts, there was no awkwardness between them and they looked at ease with each other.
When Katrina told the Bigg Boss Nau finalists that if she were in their place, she would have been nervous and broken down in tears, Salman interrupted her saying, “Don’t lie. You are one of the strongest women I have ever known. You were just 16-year-old when you came in the industry and reached so far. It is all your hard work, sheer hard work. If God asks me to choose between talent and hard work, I will pick the latter.”
Katrina quipped, “I also have talent, maybe a little,” to which the 50-year-old star replied, “When one keeps working hard, the talent keeps increasing. The whole country is in awe of you, including me! So, obviously you are talented.”
Salman’s compliment left the actress blushing. The Bajrangi Bhaijaan star also praised Katrina’s dancing skills, referring to the slow, passionate song Pashmina from Fitoor, where she is seen performing with Aditya. The two actors gave a sneak peek of their dance on the stage of Bigg Boss.
Fitoor, directed by Abhishek Kapoor, is touted as an intense love story and sticking to its theme, Salman asked Adtiya and Katrina to enact a romantic scene from the movie. So impressed was Salman with the scene that he expressed his desire to do the same sequence with Katrina, which received a thunderous response from the audience.
Read: All about Bigg Boss 9
Later, they were joined by director Abhishek and Tabu, who plays a pivotal character in the film, which is an adaptation of Charles Dicken’s Great Expectations. The movie releases on February 12.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Eijaz Khan said that he and Pavitra Punia are serious about each other. He added that their families are also involved in their relationship.
- Kiku Sharda has dismissed reports that Krushna Abhishek is upset with him over a joke he made on a recent episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.
- Bigg Boss contestant Rakhi Sawant is really married to a man named Ritesh, her brother Rakesh has said. Ritesh's identity remains a mystery.
- Nikki Tamboli got into a heated fight with Devoleena Bhattacharjee on Bigg Boss 14. Watch the video here.
- Eijaz Khan, one of the top contenders to win Bigg Boss 14, walked out of the show earlier this week due to prior professional commitments. He hinted at his return in a video message.