Salman Khan on Bigg Boss 9: I am in awe of Katrina Kaif
Superstar Salman Khan welcomed Katrina Kaif on stage during the finale of his show Bigg Boss 9 and heaped praise on the actress by calling her “one of the strongest women” he has ever known. Katrina, 32, was accompanied by actor Aditya Roy Kapur on the reality TV show to promote their upcoming romance Fitoor.
Read: Prince wins Bigg Boss 9
This was the second time that the actress appeared on Salman’s show after her 2010 visit for the promotion of her comedy Tees Maar Khan. Though they were sharing the stage after a long time, the ex-couple’s comfort level was evident. Be it Katrina’s leg-pulling by Salman or her demure retorts, there was no awkwardness between them and they looked at ease with each other.
When Katrina told the Bigg Boss Nau finalists that if she were in their place, she would have been nervous and broken down in tears, Salman interrupted her saying, “Don’t lie. You are one of the strongest women I have ever known. You were just 16-year-old when you came in the industry and reached so far. It is all your hard work, sheer hard work. If God asks me to choose between talent and hard work, I will pick the latter.”
Katrina quipped, “I also have talent, maybe a little,” to which the 50-year-old star replied, “When one keeps working hard, the talent keeps increasing. The whole country is in awe of you, including me! So, obviously you are talented.”
Salman’s compliment left the actress blushing. The Bajrangi Bhaijaan star also praised Katrina’s dancing skills, referring to the slow, passionate song Pashmina from Fitoor, where she is seen performing with Aditya. The two actors gave a sneak peek of their dance on the stage of Bigg Boss.
Fitoor, directed by Abhishek Kapoor, is touted as an intense love story and sticking to its theme, Salman asked Adtiya and Katrina to enact a romantic scene from the movie. So impressed was Salman with the scene that he expressed his desire to do the same sequence with Katrina, which received a thunderous response from the audience.
Read: All about Bigg Boss 9
Later, they were joined by director Abhishek and Tabu, who plays a pivotal character in the film, which is an adaptation of Charles Dicken’s Great Expectations. The movie releases on February 12.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.
Karan Patel: As an actor, the challenge is to find work in films; to break the stigma that TV actors can’t become film stars
- Disha Parmar's batting skills earned her a Virat Kohli comparison from fiancé Rahul Vaidya. The couple is on a quick vacation together and has been posting updates on social media. Watch their latest video.
- Anita Hassanandani and Rohit Reddy have created an Instagram page for their newborn son, Aaravv. Head on over to satisfy your baby picture cravings.
- Pavitra Punia lashed out at those criticising her relationship with Eijaz Khan and reiterated that they do not need the approval of haters. The couple fell in love during Bigg Boss 14.
- Parth Samthaan opened up about his decision to quit the popular show, Kasautii Zindagii Kay, last year. He said that it had become repetitive for him after a point.
- Rakhi Sawant's Bigg Boss 14 colleague Vikas Gupta met her mother Jaya Sawant and cheered her up ahead of her cancer operation.
- Rahul Vaidya wore a sweatshirt similar to one worn by Rubina Dilaik on Bigg Boss 14, as he took off on a romantic holiday with girlfriend Disha Parmar.
- Pavitra Punia had a quick response for the paparazzi, when they asked her why she wasn't accompanied by boyfriend Eijaz Khan at the airport.