‘Total disaster’: Trump slams White House Correspondents’ Dinner amid criticism of Michelle Wolf
The White House Correspondents’ Dinner made headlines after a routine by comedian Michelle WolfUpdated: Apr 30, 2018 19:55 IST
Associated Press, Washington
President Donald Trump is again railing against the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner amid criticism of the comedian who roasted his spokeswoman.
Trump says on Twitter Monday: “The White House Correspondents’ Dinner is DEAD as we know it. This was a total disaster and an embarrassment to our great Country and all that it stands for. FAKE NEWS is alive and well and beautifully represented on Saturday night!”
The White House Correspondents’ Dinner was a failure last year, but this year was an embarrassment to everyone associated with it. The filthy "comedian" totally bombed (couldn’t even deliver her lines-much like the Seth Meyers weak performance). Put Dinner to rest, or start over!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) April 30, 2018
For the second year in a row, Trump skipped the dinner, instead holding a rally in Michigan.
The annual event made headlines after a routine by comedian Michelle Wolf. Some of her jokes about Sarah Huckabee Sanders in particular drew heavy criticism.
WHCA President Margaret Talev says she’ll work with the next president on “the format of the dinner going forward.”
First Published: Apr 30, 2018 19:30 IST