Malaysia to go to the polls on March 8
Malaysia's general elections will take place on March 8, the Election Commission said Thursday a day after parliament was dissolved.
"The EC has fixed the nomination date for February 24 and polling will be on March 8," EC chairman Abdul Rashid Abdul Rahman told a press conference.
The nomination date is the deadline by which all election candidates must register with the commission.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Europe recorded 1 million new COVID-19 cases last week, an increase of 9% from the previous week and a reversal that ended a six-week decline in new infections, WHO said Thursday.
- Statisticians say the change in designations has been a long time coming, given that the US population has more than doubled since 1950.
- Afghanistan is experiencing a nationwide spike in bombings, targeted killings, and other violence as peace negotiations in Qatar between the Taliban and the Afghan government continue.
- Although many in the community consider the place where the Black man died to be a sacred space, it also has presented some headaches for the city.
- To get their shots, some residents took a ferry across the sprawling James River to cities such as Williamsburg.