Prime Minister Narendra Modi began his campaign in poll-bound West Bengal on Sunday, attacking Mamata Banerjee’s government in the state.
State Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Dilip Ghosh is contesting from Kharagpur Sadar seat for the state assembly.
The first phase of assembly elections in Bengal is starting on April 4.
Here are highlights of Modi’s speech:
- Industries have closed down but one industry is flourishing, industry to build bombs.
- If MUDRA scheme would have been initiated earlier, Saradha scam would have not happened.
- First it was Saradha, now it is Narada.
- I have three-point agenda -- development, development at a fast pace and development from all sides.
- Have you heard of any corruption since we (BJP) have come to power (at Centre)?
- There was a time when Bengal was the capital of industries, Left broke its back and this (Mamata Banerjee’s) government buried it.
- Congress and Communists are wrestling for power in Kerala and have joined hands in West Bengal
- Congress and Communists have challenged the wisdom of Bengal and Bengal cannot forgive people who challenge wisdom of Bengal
- Some think how can BJP form a government in Bengal but if the people of Bengal decide, government can be formed easily.