MP PEB scam: Whistle-blower claims attempt to kill him in accident
A whistle-blower in the Madhya Pradesh examination and recruitment scam on Friday claimed that unidentified persons allegedly tried to eliminate him, just a few days after an accused in the case was found dead in Chhattisgarh.bhopal Updated: May 08, 2015 21:03 IST
A whistle-blower in the Madhya Pradesh examination and recruitment scam on Friday claimed that unidentified persons allegedly tried to eliminate him, just a few days after an accused in the case was found dead in Chhattisgarh.
At least eight persons, including the eldest son of state governor Ramnaresh Yadav, have been found dead under mysterious circumstances ever since the Madhya Pradesh professional examination board (MPPEB) scam was exposed in 2013.
The governor was also booked by the special task force (STF) probing the scam but the Madhya Pradesh high court later quashed the FIR against him.
On April 28, the body of an accused Vijay Singh was found dead at a lodge in Chhattisgarh’s Kanker district.
The scam involved multiple rackets that helped candidates rig examinations for admission to colleges and recruitment in government jobs with scamsters employing imposters to write test papers, manipulated sitting arrangements and even supplied forged answer sheets.
Prashant Pandey, a computer expert who initially helped police in unraveling the multi-layered scam, lodged a complaint with police alleging that unknown persons had rammed a truck into his car in the wee hours of Thursday near Indore.
Pandey said that he was not in the car though his wife, four-year-old son, father and 106-year-old grandmother were injured when the vehicle turned turtle under the impact of the collision.
Pandey, who was in a following vehicle while returning from a family function, later took the injured to the Bombay Hospital, he said.
Pandey is in Delhi to attend a hearing in the high court where he had earlier filed a petition seeking protection from possible retribution by “influential people” involved in scam.
He also said security provide to him under the court’s directive was withdrawn without any reason and claimed that police was trying to “implicate” in a fake case.
Police, however, said circumstantial evidence showed that the vehicle had overturned over hitting a cow on the road and added a case has been registered against unidentified persons.
SP (West) Abid Khan also said two security guards were provided to Pandey since April 2.
Last month, the MP high court recommended legal action against Pandey after the special investigation team (STF), which is monitoring the STF probe, that he had submitted forged documents to mislead the investigations.
Pandey claims to possess the original copy of the excel sheet maintained by MPPEB scam accused Nitin Mahindra.
Congress general secretary Digvijaya Singh has been targeting the state government by releasing details of this “original” excel sheet which allegedly contained information that exposed STF’s attempts to mask the CM’s links with MPPEB scandal.
On Friday, the Congress reiterated its demand for a CBI probe saying there was no coordination between the STF and SIT.