Shop now! Your guide to the prettiest, trendiest lingerie of 2016
We’ve rounded up the best pieces for you: From seductive satin to cheeky prints to ultra comfy organics, here are all the lingerie trends of 2016 you need to know.fashion and trends Updated: Jan 08, 2016 17:25 IST
What’s this year’s lingerie trend? Wouldn’t you like to know! Then get this: Fairy tale, vintage lingerie styles will rule 2016.
We’ve rounded up the best pieces for you: From seductive satin to cheeky prints to ultra comfy organics, here are all the lingerie trends of 2016 you need to know.
* Fairy tale lingerie: Inspired by the stories of Disney princess like Cinderella and Rapunzel, the fairy tale styles are now being given a sexy twist, taking away some of the delicateness of these characters and adding some playfulness. The intricate detailing and use of soft fabrics such as silk, satin and frills have been brought together in a sophisticated piece of lingerie.
* Vintage collection: The high-cut bottoms of the 1980s and the sporty, minimalist aesthetic of the 1990s are gradually coming back into vogue. The Cuban heel stockings and the stylish waist cinchers are being aesthetically elevated and reimagined by various designers.
* Organic lingerie: From bra-and-underwear sets to sporty tape bras paired with high-waisted briefs, the latest lingerie made from organic cotton lets your skin breathe, giving comfort to your intimate wears. These chemical-free and organic collections are designed for everyday use and are available in various colours, cuts and sizes to match up with any version of you.
* Pop colours: Candy colours, shocking pink, and electric blue are considered among the most sensual colours. Pair these bright coloured pieces with a white tank top or sheer top.
* Harness Bras: These strappy bras can be worn alone or pair perfectly with easy loose tank tops or open back tops. Be it a sophisticated black piece with soft jersey cups or a colourful, multi-strapped design, these harness bras are the ultimate alternative to the modest camisole giving new life to a blouse or sheer top.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.