Anupam Kher recalls date which ended with ‘hakka noodles dangling from my head’, says he wanted to become a monk afterwards
In an episode of his podcast, Anupam Cares, actor Anupam Kher reminisced about his worst date. He revealed that it ended with the food being dumped on him and he was so shocked that he forgot to pay the bill when he left the restaurant. He added that the experience left such a bitter taste in his mouth that he planned to embrace monasticism.
Anupam shared a clip from his podcast, in which he said, “The whole time we had been there, I hadn’t wanted to make a scene. And now, here I was, sweet corn chicken soup in my lap, gravy dribbling down my shirt, hakka noodles dangling from my head.”
“I looked like a traditional Indian bridegroom wearing a sehra, the wedding headdress. But unlike the sehra, which adds a royal splendour to the groom’s overall looks, my dinner was on my head, which felt a little less dignified. I got up quietly and left the restaurant. In my shocked state, I forgot to pay the bill,” he added.
Anupam said that he reflected upon love and in his state of confusion, decided to become a monk. “As I walked home, I thought to myself, as I shook the soup out of my ears, ‘Is this what love is supposed to feel like?’ So, I did what any confused boy would do, I set off to become a monk,” he said.
“Trailer of my #Podcast! This is the story of my worst date…I had to go to an ashram to recover. I’ll also introduce you to a famous parachutist who decided to create some magic in the center of the world,” Anupam wrote, sharing the clip on Twitter.
Currently, Anupam is shooting for Vivek Agnihotri’s The Kashmir Files, which will tell the story of the exodus of Kashmiri Pandits from their homeland in 1989 and 1990. Although the film was originally scheduled to hit the theatres on Independence Day this year, it was delayed due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The film will come out sometime next year.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.
- Alia Bhatt is ready for summer and her latest Instagram post is a proof of it. Alia was seen soaking up the sun, leaving Katrina Kaif impressed.