Ayushmann Khurrana celebrates National Film Awards win with emotional poem recalling his days of struggle
Actor Ayushmann Khurrana who felt ecstatic on winning Best Actor for Andhadhun at National Film Awards, penned a beautiful poem, narrating his struggles and journey to stardom. Taking to his Twitter handle, the Badhaai Ho star wrote an emotional poem in which he described his journey, right from the time he first came to Mumbai till yesterday when he bagged his National Award, the poem says it all.
“Jab pehli dafaa aaya tha Mumbai tab bhi ho rahi thi baarish. Aaj bhi barkha bahaar hai.
Yahaan ki bheed ki tarah sapne thhe aankhon mein hazaar, Aaj bhi umangein tez taraar hain.
Maa baap ne nam aankhon se di thi mujhe parvaaz, Aaj bhi unki fikr bargaraar hai.
Second class sleeper pe aaya tha is sheher mein doston ke saath, Aaj bhi usi safar ka khumaar hai.
Uth kar gira, gir kar utha. Chala. Udaa.
Aaj unhi thokaron ki khaatir mere hag mein rashtriya puraskaar hai,” he wrote.
Earlier on Friday as soon as the results for the 66th National Film Awards were announced by the Jury Chairperson Rahul Rawail, Ayushmann who shared the ‘best actor’ award with Vicky Kaushal, congratulated the star with some sweet words of appreciations.
“Winning a National Award is truly humbling and gratifying. I’m forever grateful for the love I’ve received! Also, a big hug and congratulations to my bro,” he tweeted.
The awards were announced on Friday at a press conference. Andhadhun was named the best Hindi film of the year and the award for the best popular film providing wholesome entertainment went to Badhaai Ho.
Uri: The Surgical Strike also won the best director award for Aditya Dhar, Andhadhun has been honoured with the award for Best Screenplay (adapted).
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- After celebrating her sister's birthday, Khushi Kapoor took a flight out of India to visit her close friend Aaliyah Kashyap. The latter shared glimpses of Khushi's visit.
- Shahid Kapoor and his glamorous wife Mira Rajput rocked the airport look on Tuesday. See their pictures here.
- Suhana Khan shared another picture with her friends as she partied in New York. Just a day before, she had shared another photo picture with her friends.
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.