Badhaai Ho trailer: Ayushmann Khurrana is embarrassed by his parents’ sex life in hilarious new comedy
Badhaai Ho trailer showcases Ayushmann as a man embarrassed by his parents’ active sex lives and the consequences of it. His mother—played by Neena Gupta in an impressive comeback to big screen—gets pregnant when most women her age would be on the brink of menopause.
As his nervous father—played by Gajraj Rao— breaks the ‘good news’ to the entire middle class family, everyone’s cheeks turns red of sheer second hand embarrassment. Of course, they can’t digest that a couple who should be playing with their grandkids are still busy making more kids of their own. The awkwardness is so thick in the family, you can cut through it with a knife. But thankfully for us, it’s pure comedy gold.
The trailer delivers the cheekiest dialogues like the shocked angry old grandma—played by Surekha Sikri—saying, “Ab sab samajh aa rahi, kyun bahu ka badan toota kare hai roj subah (I understand it all now, why the daughter-in-law complains of body ache every morning),” to the mortified couple. Ayushmann, even in the throes of passion with his girlfriend—played by Sanya Malhotra—could not help but take a pause and ask her, “Tu hi bata yaar, ye bhi koi mummy papa ke karne ki cheez hai kya? (You tell me, is this a thing mummy papa should enjoy at their age?)”
Talking of his choice in films, Ayushmann had told Mumbai Mirror earlier, “I often wonder if I attract such scripts or vice versa, but I am not complaining. I love these kind of stories, we need to present something unconventional as completely normal. The content can’t be vanilla anymore.”
The hilarious situation and the perfect performances make Badhaai Ho another movie to watch out for this year. The film is directed by Amit Ravindernath Sharma and releases on October 19.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan were visited on Wednesday evening by Karisma Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora, Manish Malhotra and Natasha Poonawalla.
- Karan Johar and Manish Malhotra arrived at Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor's residence and posed together for the paparazzi. Malaika Arora and sister Amrita also visited the couple.
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.