Bhai Dooj special: Radhika Madan says she and her ‘coolest’ brother Arjun are like Tom and Jerry
Actor Radhika Madan connects with us on call from Mumbai, while her elder brother joins in from Toronto for this Bhai Dooj special interview. And the banter that follows is absolutely fun! Madan starts off by telling us her fondest memories from the festival in the previous years.
“He has just moved back to Toronto this year. Raksha Bandhan and Bhai Dooj both come with a lot of nok-jhonk, with me asking for money and doing the teeka. That’s a ritual that has been happening since the time I remember I was really small,” she says, and adds that both of them fast until the ritual gets done with. However, she laughs as she reveals, “I wish I could say I wait till he is up, it’s usually him who waits. That’s a very sweet thing he does.”
TECH TO THE RESCUE
Arjun, who had completed his engineering course in Toronto, is now there with his wife, and planning to start some business. He admits missing being in India on such festivals. “The whole feeling of the entire family being together… ever since high school, it was very tough getting the family back together. We have found our ways of celebrating festivals,” he says.
Madan spills the beans on the virtual bhai dooj. “Video calls happen, but since we are in different time zones, I usually tie him a rakhi and do the teeka before he leaves for Toronto, two-three months earlier for past many years. I also mail him the rakhi and a card, and mithai, and he buys something for me,” tells us the 25-year-old.
COOL BIG BRO
Madan is all praise for Arjun, and calls him the coolest. “He never acted as a big brother from the very beginning, he was like the coolest, be it even the songs he would listen to. I always looked up to him in that sense. He would be updated about everything happening in the world. Whenever I had a crush in school, he was the first person to know about it! Even when I had my first relationship, he was the first one to know,” she gushes.
Arjun in turn says that the best thing about his sister is that she is very dedicated towards what she does. “And that translates into her performance, she works very hard on herself. I wouldn’t want to change anything at all about Radhika. She’s my little sister, and has the freedom to do whatever she wants. She can get away with anything, I love her a lot,” he quips.
REAL LIFE TOM AND JERRY
Madan says that both of them are really naughty, and keep teasing each other. “Agar main kuchh hoon, toh woh mujh se badh kar hai!,” she laughs.
And after any fight, no one apologises. “It just gets back to normal. We hardly have fought on any serious stuff, but if we have, whoever makes the mistake says sorry. Otherwise we get back to normal and come to eat together,” says the actor.
She calls herself the cartoon character Jerry and Arjun Tom, since these two characters are always fighting, to which he replies, “Yes, we love pulling each other’s leg, and bauhaut saare pange lete hain. That’s what a brother-sister relationship is all about, isn’t it?”
Interact with the author on Twitter/ @RishabhSuri02
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Priyanka Chopra has said that she regrets endorsing fairness creams in India, but as a child she believed that dark skin wasn't pretty and would put talcum powder on her face.
- Pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's sangeet function have been shared online by Zoa Morani. Check them out here.
- New pictures from Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal's mehendi ceremony have arrived online. Check them out here.
Akshay Oberoi: We lucked out as there were no Salman Khan, Akshay Kumar sort of big films releasing in 2020
Republic Day special | John Abraham: Honesty in playing a person who cares for his country comes naturally to me
- Varun Dhawan's wife, Natasha Dalal, got her wedding makeup done in 35 minutes, artist Namrata Soni has said.
- On the second anniversary of Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi, Kangana Ranaut has accused the movie 'mafia' of launching negative campaigns against her and the film.
- Remo D'Souza has shared a video of himself, dancing with his doctors, after recovering from a heart attack recently.
- Varun Dhawan's Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania and Badrinath Ki Dulhania director, Shashank Khaitan, has some advice for the actor's wife, Natasha Dalal.
- Late actor Irrfan Khan's son, Babil, has said that he has no interest in doing films that make ₹100 crore but have no artistic value.