Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2: Kartik Aaryan and Kiara Advani to kick off second schedule in January 2020
The second schedule of Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 will begin filming from January 2020, director Anees Bazmee told The Times Of India. The sequel to Priyadarshan’s 2007 hit stars Kartik Aaryan and Kiara Advani in the lead roles. Tabu has also been roped in for a pivotal role.
“We have already started shooting for the film and both Kartik and Kiara are amazing as actors and look good together. I know Kartik’s work for long but working with Kiara was also amazing. She did an extremely outstanding job on the first day of the shoot and I am impressed by her work. Both are superb and suit the characters. I am looking forward to shooting with them again in January,” Bazmee told the newspaper.
While it was just Kartik and Kiara who shot for the first schedule, the second one will include the entire cast. According to reports, the second schedule of Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 will be three months long and shot in London and Rajasthan.
In August this year, Kartik announced that he will be taking the franchise forward and shared the first look posters of Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2. He is stepping into the shoes of Akshay Kumar, who played the lead in the original.
Reports suggest that two songs from Bhool Bhulaiyaa – Ami Je Tomar and Hare Ram Hare Ram – will be recreated in the sequel. Speculation is rife that Vidya Balan, who played Avni/Manjulika in the original, will make a special appearance in the new version of Ami Je Tomar.
Produced by Bhushan Kumar’s T-Series, Bhool Bhulaiyaa 2 is scheduled to hit the theatres on July 31, 2020. The film will lock horns at the box office with Karan Malhotra’s Shamshera, which stars Ranbir Kapoor, Vaani Kapoor and Sanjay Dutt.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Richa Chadha has shared a song featuring Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan to express her sorrow on paying a huge price for getting her fuel tank filled.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from one of her old photoshoots which had her running barefoot in between two fields.
- It has been 10 years since Kangana Ranaut and R Madhavan-starrer Tanu Weds Manu released on the big screen. On the occasion, director Aanand L Rai penned a note of gratitude, thanking fans for his "Woh Tanu weds Manu wala Aanand Rai" identity.
- Janhvi Kapoor was seen at the Mumbai airport late Wednesday in an all denim look but it was her mobile cover that stole attention.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan has shared a picture from her time in the kitchen in New York along with a boomerang video to prove how she is the best at it.
- Ishaan Khatter shared a throwback picture from their childhood to post a 'happy birthday' message for his half-brother, Shahid Kapoor.
- Alia Bhatt did a 'Gangubai Kathiawadi' style namaste to the paparazzi while greeting them during director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's birthday celebrations.
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.