Delhi Metro follows AR Rahman’s lead, defends original Masakali: ‘We have a bias as we feature in it’
It seems like no one is sparing the remixed Masakali song. The latest shots have been fired by the official Twitter account of the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation. Sharing the original song on Friday, the DMRC wrote in a tweet that it was biased towards AR Rahman’s track, because the metro was featured in the film Delhi-6.
“Nothing beats the original track, plus we have a bias as we feature in it,” the DMRC wrote. The new Masakali song, featuring actors Sidharth Malhotra and Tara Sutaria as their Marjaavaan characters, was released this week to terrible fan reception.
Rahman, who composed the original as part of the Delhi-6 soundtrack, in a tweet dismissed the new song, composed by Tanishk Bagchi. He wrote, “No short cuts, properly commissioned, sleepless nights, writes and re-writes. Over 200 musicians, 365 days of creative brainstorming with the aim to produce music that can last generations. A team of a Director, a Composer and a Lyricist supported by actors, dance directors and a relentless film crew - Lots of love and prayers A.R. Rahman.”
Masakali lyricist Prasoon Joshi also wrote in a tweet, “All songs written for #Delhi6 including #Masakali close to heart,sad to see when original creation of @arrahman @prasoonjoshi_ &singer @_MohitChauhan insensitively utilised. Upto the conscience of @Tseries. Hopefully the fans will stand for originality.” Delhi-6 director Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra had also asked music lovers to “save the original creations for generations to come” and say no to remixes.
Meanwhile, the Jaipur police threatened those breaking curfew with Masakali 2.0 ‘on a loop’. The force’s tweet read, “If you are unnecessarily roaming outside we will put you in a room and play Masakali 2.0 on loop.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.