Dia Mirza opens up on separation from Sahil Sangha, says women message her asking how she is so strong
Actor Dia Mirza said that people’s attitude towards her has changed after she announced her separation from filmmaker and producer Sahil Sangha last year. However, she added that she is not bothered but amused by it.
“It amuses me because you are moving in circles where people are educated and progressive but they still feel a sense of sadness. They respond from a sense of empathy as well. So the gaze is not necessarily critical, it’s empathetic and sometimes even pitiful. Sometimes, it’s a gaze of awe and admiration,” she said in an interview with Pinkvilla.
Dia also said that several women in a similar situation reach out to her, asking how she is managing to stay strong in the face of personal hardships. “I get so many messages from women who are going through similar circumstances, saying, ‘How are you so strong? How do you smile? How do you get up and go to work?’ I don’t have an answer for them. I just tell them that I find my way and I hope you will find yours because I can’t tell you the right way,” she said.
Last year, in August, Dia announced in a statement shared on Twitter that she and Sahil were parting ways after 11 years of being together. “We remain friends and will continue to be there for each other with love and respect. While our journeys may lead us down different paths, we are forever grateful for the bond that we share with each other,” the statement read.
Soon after the news of the separation, Sahil was linked with Judgementall Hai Kya writer Kanika Dhillon, who also announced the end of her marriage with the film’s director Prakash Kovelamudi. In a series of tweets, Dia lashed out at the media for their ‘irresponsible’ reportage and “no third person is the reason” for her separation.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.