Durgavati first poster: Bhumi Pednekar’s new film looks spooky, Karan Kapadia asks ‘what is behind that door’
The spooky new poster could remind you of Temple Run with Bhumi sitting outside the doors of what looks like an ancient temple. She is on her knees in a stained dress, looking ahead with a stern expression. “What’s behind that door? You will know soon, Durgavati releasing worldwide,11th December 2020 on @primevideoin,” she wrote in the caption.
Actor Karan Kapadia commented, “Seriously, what’s behind it ? I’m in the movie and I still don’t know.” Jackky Bhagnani wrote, “Oh superb !!!!! Looks damn good.” Many fans said they were excited to see Bhumi in a new avatar while others wondered if the film was a remake of Anushka Shetty-starrer Bhagamathie. The team has not confirmed the same.
In Bhagamathie, Anushka played an IAS officer who is possessed by queen Bhaagamathie’s ghost in a palace. Durgavati is directed by G Ashok, who also directed Bhagamathie. It’s backed by Akshay Kumar and Bhushan Kumar.
The film also stars Arshad Warsi. Welcoming him on board, Bhumi had written in February, “Welcome on board @arshad_warsi sir, I have adored you for years and am so excited to finally get a chance to work with you :) Thank you for becoming a part of this special film #Durgavati”
Bhumi was last seen in Netflix release Dolly Kitty Aur Woh Chamakte Sitare. The film was directed by Alankrita Shrivastava and also starred Konkona Sen Sharma and Vikrant Massey. She will also be seen in Karan Johar’s Takht and in Badhai Do with Rajkummar Rao.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.