Farah Khan to act again
Farah Khan’s debut film, Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi, is yet to release. But days before it is out, director Bela Sehgal has already promised to cast Farah Khan in her next as well. “I am already preparing for a sequel,” says Bela.
When we asked Farah about it, she refused to talk about a second acting assignment. All she gave us was a cryptic answer: “Bela always has her way with me. Even when she offered me the first film, I thought she was joking for almost a week.” At present, Farah is busy with her directorial project Happy New Year, starring actor Shah Rukh Khan.
Bela says, “When Farah told me she doesn’t want to act again, I asked her to stop resisting it. She is an effortless actor. She told me initially that she was so scared that she may have to leave town when the film releases. But she is happy after watching it. She has no choice but to star in the sequel. We can’t change Shirin, right?”
Produced by Eros International and Bhansali Productions, the film will have Farah playing Shirin Fugawala, a 40-year-old, bubbly Parsi Trust secretary who is finding it difficult to get married until she meets Farhad. The story talks about how they meet, fall in love, the problems a mature couple face and how they overcome them.
Bela says Farah was as hardworking as Boman (Irani). “She sat for regular readings and workshops and prepped for a while before we actually shot. She was meticulous, like any other actor, about things like getting light on her face. She has a natural sense of acting and looking good onscreen,” she adds.
Meanwhile… Farah refuses to kiss Boman!
Farah Khan refused to do any kissing scenes with co-star Boman Irani in Bela Sehgal’s Shirin Farhad Ki Toh Nikal Padi. Farah tells us, “There was a kissing scene in the script that I refused. Thankfully, they agreed. I have a husband and three kids. It’s fine for other actors. Not me. Acting isn’t my profession. It was a one-off.”
She adds, “I was very happy romancing Boman Irani. I thought we had great chemistry. I am telling you everyone is going to forget Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol after watching us. We are now the ‘it’ couple.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bobby Deol's wife, Tanya, once recalled the story of how the actor made moves on her by calling her in the dead of night, only to be ignored.
- A picture of Khushi Kapoor and her cousin, Shanaya, taking dance lessons, is being widely shared online.
- Masaba Gupta has thanked her mother, actor Neena Gupta, for keeping her grounded. "I have seen kids who are really bad at what they do, being told that they are kings and queens," she said.
- Actor Varun Dhawan, who recently tied the knot with Natasha Dalal, has hinted that photographer Rohan Shrestha might soon get married, too. Rohan is rumoured to be dating Shraddha Kapoor.
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's award-winning film, The Disciple, will be released on Netflix.