Farooq loved reading, was rarely seen without a book: Deepti Naval
We were always completely comfortable with each other. I was never able to match that level with any other actor. Farooq was a friend who loved to tease, and we would have silly fights.
He was a natural and sensitive actor. His manner of working was effortless. He wouldn’t ponder over a scene too much. He would simply come and study the scene and give a perfect take.
It was a delight to work with him as there was no stress. He was a well read person and loved books so much that after each shot he would dive into one. It was a rare sight to spot him without a book. His range of interest was varied too.
He had genuine concern for anyone in need. Even when I would fall ill, like I did during our last film, he hovered around me like my mother would have.
After books, food was his weakness. He simply loved to eat. We usually met in work related environment and it was tough to invite him home for he would say, ‘There won’t be anything good to eat at your place except ghaas phoos.’ That’s why he rarely came home.
The last film we worked together in was Listen... Amaya and it refreshed all the memories of working together over the years. I think our best work together was in Chashme Buddoor (1981), Saath Saath (1982) and Listen... Amaya.
The last time, I met him was in Sharjah Book Fair recently. I recited my poems and he interviewed me about my book of poetry. It is very shocking to hear about this devastating news.
Watch the two together in a song from the classic, Chashme Buddoor:
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Elli AvrRam has shared the first look of her upcoming dance number with Aamir Khan, from the film Koi Jaane Na.
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.