I got my name as I'd bite everyone as a kid, says Tiger Shroff
That Jackie Shroff’s son
has just delivered the sixth highest weekend grosser of 2014, is old news.
What’s intriguing, however, is the reason behind his rather unusual name.
When we asked the 24-year-old, who was originally named Jai Hemant, why he’s called Tiger, he cheekily said, "I used to bite as a kid ... like bite everyone around."
Read:I could be the next Katrina endorsing hair removal creams: Tiger Shroff
So, who were his victims, we prodded. "I bit my teacher in school, and even got punished for that," confessed Tiger during his recent visit to the Capital.
Now, however, he has put the significance of his name to good use, by adopting a tigress at a Nagpur zoo.
"With great power, comes great responsibility," he quoted the famous dialogue from Spiderman to justify his attachment to the cause of saving the big cat. Among many other candid confessions, Tiger also revealed that he never wanted to be an actor.
"I was more into sports ... football was my favourite, but then even as a kid I knew that I was being watched ... my father’s friends would keep talking about seeing me in Bollywood, someday," said the actor, who’s an excellent dancer.
So what makes him this flexible on-screen, we asked. "Well, I’m a Michael Jackson and Bruce Lee fan, and I’ve been practicing since I was five," he said with a smile.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.
- Kangana Ranaut is 'thrilled' to know how she is 'awesome at everything' she does. On Thursday, she shared photos of her smoothie bowl, after many claimed that she had pulled the picture off the internet.
- Parineeti Chopra has unveiled the teaser of her upcoming film Saina. She plays badminton player Saina Nehwal in the film.