Is Tere Naam 2 happening? Satish Kaushik has an idea for it
Tere Naam is considered one of the best works of superstar Salman Khan and the film’s director Satish Kaushik says he has an idea to make a sequel but is unsure if he will do it anytime soon.
The 2003 romantic-drama had Salman and Bhoomika Chawla in lead roles and went on to become a huge blockbuster, where the Dabangg actor was widely praised for his role of Radhe Mohan.
“My Twitter is flooded with (requests of) Tere Naam 2. I have 15 stories lined up written by people for the film. I have worked out something but I don’t know if it’s good to ride on to your previous films,” Kaushik told PTI when asked if he is planning a sequel.
Recently, many franchise films have released like Tum Bin 2, Rock On 2, Force 2 and the upcoming Kahani 2.
The actor-director feels nobody knows if films riding on franchise can be successful but he still “has an idea” to take Tere Naam forward.
“Nobody knows, whether it (franchise film) works or not. Recently it didn’t, only Kahaani 2 looks interesting. That is also because it is a different film in itself. Sometimes, you’ve trusted your character in a certain manner in the first part but you don’t know which story will fall into place (for next).
“It is tough. I have something, fans have been asking. Let me see how it happens. The idea is in mind,” he added. International Film Festival of India (IFFI), here.
He is excited that his film A Billion Colour Story was screened at IFFI and has been appreciated by the audience.
Directed by N Padmakumar, the film is about religious intolerance and revolves around a teenage boy Hari Aziz, born to a Muslim father Imran and a Hindu mother Parvati.
Kaushik says while he is happy that the film, which he co-produced, is doing well, he is also looking forward to collaborating with young filmmakers.
“A Billion Colour Story opened at Busan and London (film festivals) It is getting very good reviews, people are really affected by the film. I have another film ready, it’s a children’s film which I have produced. It is directed by Amit Prajapati. I am going to make films with a lot of young directors,” he said.
The 60-year-old actor says today budding directors are doing “fearless filmmaking” and a platform of a film festival gives a boost to this culture.
“Today there is fearless filmmaking. If you’ve an idea, you can go and shoot a film. Festivals are a great platform too, at least you get to showcase your films. Even if one film amongst 20 is noticed, it becomes an example for future.
“One young filmmaker approached me with a film. He showed me a trailer and I really liked it. Earlier, nothing like this used to happen. You meet people here, showcase your films, let people see it,” he added.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande, in an Instagram live, urged Sushant Singh Rajput's fans to stop blaming her and said that no one knows her side of the story. She also revealed that she went through depression.
- Sanjay Dutt introduced fans to his new look in a family portrait shared by his wife Maanayata Dutt. He could be seen sporting bleached hair in the photo.
- Priyanka Chopra said that while she gets a lot of love and protectiveness from her South Asian fans, there are a lot of people from the community who are negative about her.
- Actor Rahul Bose has reacted to Anil Kapoor's story about almost killing him while shooting a scene for Dil Dhadakne Do.
- 83 will explore the dynamic between Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev, actor Tahir Raj Bhasin has teased. Ranveer Singh plays Kapil in the upcoming sports drama, directed by Kabir Khan.
- After wearing a T-shirt with 'let's smash patriarchy' printed on it just ahead of her arrest last year, Rhea Chakraborty made a fresh statement with her clothes on Sunday, by wearing a hoodie with 'Man up' written on it.
- Arjun Kapoor and Malaika Arora were spotted at Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's residence in Mumbai on Sunday. During his visit, Arjun was captured scolding a photographer for climbing the wall of Kareena's building.
- Actor Kareena Kapoor Khan has shared the first picture of herself after becoming a mother for the second time. "Missed you all," she wrote. See the picture here.
- Alia Bhatt is also a producer now. The Gangubai Kathiawadi actor shared the news and said how she intends to tell happy and real tales.
- Amitabh Bachchan's granddaughter Navya Naveli Nanda shared new pictures with her friends. See them here.