Kubbra Sait takes a break from Twitter: ‘See you post my sanity break’
Actor Kubbra Sait is taking a social media detox and has uninstalled Twitter. She was ‘ecstatic’ to share that she has decided to take a ‘sanity break’ for an unspecified period of time and will return to Twitter after that.
“Oh dahlin’ Twitter... I am taking a hiatus from you. I am ecstatic to announce that I’ll be on a jet plane, and it’s time for me to uninstall you for a bit. See you post my sanity break... well however long it takes,” she wrote. Jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali supported her and replied, “Good decision.”
Recently, in an interview with Hindustan Times, Kubbra opened up about the toxicity of social media and urged everyone to be kind. “I’m saying this probably for the hundredth time that right now we don’t need anything but kindness. Just be good, be responsible. It takes nothing,” she said.
Last month, Kubbra called for the suspension of Kangana Ranaut’s Twitter account, which was run by her team at the time. Kangana’s team hit back saying, “Dear @KubbraSait you and Kangana have shared a lot as friends as colleagues which can be called positive, what damage has she done to you that you are campaigning against her freedom of speech? What is bothering you? Or you just want to please a few?”
Kubbra clarified that it was ‘not personal’ but stuck to her stand. “This is not personal at all. Team Kangana Ranaut, your handle has been toxic. I unfollowed & reported you too. What I personally ask from you is this: Be kind. Be responsible. I don’t make things personal & I am pretty positive that you won’t either,” she wrote.
Kubbra made her big screen debut with a supporting role in Anees Bazmee’s comedy Ready. She was most recently seen in the Amazon Prime Video series Wakaalat From Home, which told the story of a couple getting divorced during the Covid-19 pandemic, with the proceedings being conducted via video conferencing.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.