Madam Chief Minister trailer: Richa Chadha takes on casteism and sexism in political alleys. Watch
The first trailer for Richa Chadha’s upcoming film Madam Chief Minister is out. Richa plays a young woman with a keen interest in politics who takes on political giants of her state.
She works for the backwards castes and for the upliftment of women in a sexist society. However, not all see her success with kind eyes and are looking to destroy her. There is corruption, bigotry, and alienation running deep in the political chambers of the state but she has made up her mind to become the chief minister.
The film’s cast also comprises of Saurabh Shukla, Manav Kaul and Akshaye Oberoi. It is directed by Subhash Kapoor of Phas Gaye Re Obama, Jolly LLB and Jolly LLB 2. Produced by T-Series, the film will be out on January 22.
Madam Chief Minister was shot in Lucknow in a 40-day start-to-finish schedule in 2019. In a press note, the makers had revealed that Subhash Kapoor chose Richa for the role because the actor is an “articulate, politically and socially aware actor”.
Richa had said in a statement last year, “Happy to announce that our labour of love Madam Chief Minister has been announced. My toughest part yet, am grateful for the opportunity to collaborate with particularly witty Subhash Sir and with the splendid cast Manav, Akshay Oberoi and Saurabh Shukla.”
Richa’s last release was Shakeela, which released in December to unfavourable reviews. The film starred her as the adult film star who shook the Malayalam film industry in the late 90s and early 2000s It also starred Pankaj Tripathi.
Follow @htshowbiz on Twitter
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.