Rhea Chakraborty arrives at NCB office with brother Showik to mark attendance, talks to paparazzi. Watch video
Rhea Chakraborty, the girlfriend of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput, and her brother Showik Chakraborty marked their attendance at the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) office in Mumbai on Monday. As per the conditions of her bail, she must report before the agency on the first Monday of every month, for six months.
In videos being shared online, Rhea was seen entering the NCB office with Showik on Monday morning. She told the paparazzi stationed outside that their father, Indrajit Chakraborty, was also with them.
Sushant died on June 14, and Rhea has been accused by his family of abetment of suicide and embezzlement of his funds, among other things. She was arrested on a drugs-related charge in the case and spent nearly a month in Byculla jail before being released on bail. Showik was also arrested for procurement of drugs and was jailed for almost three months.
Recently, in an interview with SpotboyE, filmmaker Rumi Jaffery revealed that Rhea will resume work soon. He also talked about his recent meeting with her and said that she had become very ‘withdrawn and quiet’.
“It has been a traumatic year for her. Of course, the year was bad for everyone. But in her case, it was a trauma on another level. Can you imagine any girl from a well-to-do middle class family spending a month in jail? It has crushed her morale completely,” Rumi said.
Last week, Rhea’s lawyer Satish Maneshinde urged the Central Bureau of Investigation to make its findings in the Sushant death case public. “She was arrested in a bogus case with no evidence by NCB. She was harassed by various agencies and remained in custody for almost a month till the Bombay High Court released her on bail,” he said.
Rhea will be seen next in the film Chehre, which also stars Amitabh Bachchan, Emraan Hashmi, Krystle D’Souza and Siddhanth Kapoor.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In an interview with Hindustan Times, Sharib Hashmi talks about The Family Man season 2, the experience of working with Kangana Ranaut on Dhaakad and more.
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.