Sadak 2 song Ishq Kamaal: Alia Bhatt-Aditya Roy Kapur’s love story reminds Sanjay Dutt of his own. Watch video
Alia Bhatt has shared a second song from her upcoming film, Sadak 2, directed by her father, Mahesh Bhatt. Titled Ishq Kamaal, the song shows the romance between Alia’s Aaraya and Aditya Roy Kapoor's Vishal in the film, as well as a broken-hearted Ravi, played by Sanjay Dutt, mourning the loss of his wife, played by Pooja Bhatt.
The song video shows Aaraya and Vishal cuddling in Ravi’s cab. The lovebirds remind Ravi of his own love story, one that played out in the original movie, Sadak, which released in 1991. Flashback scenes from Sadak are also peppered in the video, which show Ravi and Pooja falling for each other.
Ishq Kamaal is produced Suniljeet, who is making his Bollywood debut with the movie. The song is sung by Javed Ali and the lyrics are by Suniljeet and Shalu. Pooja Bhatt had attributed the song to Suniljeet, a ‘music teacher from Chandigarh’, who came knocking on their door. “Even #Sadak2 gives birth to a brand new talent in the form of @Suniljeet72 A music teacher from Chandigarh who came to our office with no prior appointment,a dream,a harmonium & a brilliant song called Ishq Kamaal that was absorbed into the film on first hearing by my father,” she had written on social media.
Alia had earlier said at the film’s online launch event that Mahesh got Suniljeet on board right after he sang Ishq Kamaal in his office on his harmonium.
However, the song was involved in a controversy recently after music producer Shezan Saleem aka JO-G claimed sounded like a 2011 composition by him. He wrote in a tweet, hours after the release of Sadak 2’s trailer, “What do we do about this. Copied from a song that I produced in Pakistan and launched in 2011. Let’s talk guys.” The attached video, which was shot on a phone, showed Shezan narrating details about the similarities, and playing portions from both songs to prove his point.
Suniljeet later issued a statement saying, “Ishq Kamaal is my original composition and doesn’t share similarity to any other song. Everybody involved in making this song including singer Javed Ali has added his magic to the music. This is my debut as a music director and all I hope for is that people like the song when it comes out. Shalu Vaish and I have worked with all our heart to live up to the expectation of Sadak 2 music.”
Sadak 2 will release on Disney+ Hotstar on August 28.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here's a video of almost-baby Tiger Shroff, taking to the stage with his father, Jackie, back in the early 1990s.
- The creatives behind an apparel advertisement featuring Deepika Padukone have been accused of plagiarism by Yeh Ballet filmmaker Sooni Taraporevala, who has called the incident 'intellectual theft'.
- Fans have once again spotted similarities between Tiger Shroff's character in Heropanti 2, and Agent 47 in the Hitman video game series. A new poster for the film debuted on Tuesday.
- Kajol celebrated the completion of one year of her short film, Devi. She mentioned how the film could still make her emotional.
- Several Twitter users pointed out that the poster for the upcoming Saina Nehwal biopic, starring Parineeti Chopra, appears to show an incorrect serve action.
- John Abraham and Disha Patani have begun working on their upcoming film, Ek Villain Returns. See pics.
- Tiger Shroff, who turned a year older on Tuesday, was spotted with rumoured girlfriend Disha Patani and his mother Ayesha Dutt on a dinner outing.
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.