Sanjay Dutt celebrates Diwali with wife Maanayata, kids and Mohanlal: ‘Nothing is better than celebrating with family’
Sanjay Dutt celebrated this Diwali with his wife and kids and a few friends, including south star Mohanlal. He shared a happy family picture as he united with his wife and kids post his recent recovery from lung cancer.
Sharing a family picture with wife Maanayata and kids Shahraan and Iqra on Instagram, he wrote, “Nothing is better than celebrating with family. Wishing you all a very prosperous and safe Diwali & Happy New Year.” While Sanjay is seen in a black kurta-pyjama, Maanayata and the two kids are seen twinning in orange ethic ensembles.
Maanayata Dutt had also wished her followers on Instagram. Sharing a solo picture of herself, she wrote, “May this Diwali Mark a beautiful beginning and new hope in everyone’s life. Have a safe and blessed Diwali #navvarsh #shubhkaamnaye #love #grace #positivity #dutts #beautifullife #thankyougod.”
She had earlier shared pictures and videos as they all spent a blissful evening ahead of Diwali. She shared a video showing Sanjay Dutt watching a video on his cell phone with the song Main Shayar To Nahin playing on it. Maanayata, Mohanlal and another friend are seen leaning on to catch a glimpse of the video on the cellphone held by Sanjay.
Sanjay had shared the news of his recovery with his fans on the day of Shahraan’s birthday last month. He took to Twitter to share a statement about his health. He began the note by stating how “difficult” the past weeks had been for him and his family.
“The last few weeks were very difficult time for my family and me. But like they say, God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. And today, on the occasion of my kids’ birthday, I am happy to come out victorious from this battle and be able to give them the best gift I can -- the health and well-being of our family,” his statement read.
The ‘Munna Bhai M.B.B.S,’ actor went on to thank his fans, family, and friends for the “unwavering faith and support,” that they have extended towards the actor.
“This wouldn’t have been possible without the unwavering faith and support from all of you. I am eternally grateful to my family, friends and all the fans who have stood by me and been my source of strength through this trying time,” he said. “Thank you for the love, kindness and the countless blessings that you have sent my way,” the 61-year-old actor added.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Director Chaitanya Tamhane's The Disciple, which opened to critical acclaim at the Venice and Toronto film festivals, has been nominated in the Best International Film category at the 36th annual Independent Spirit Awards. Adarsh Gourav has been nominated for Best Male Lead, for The White Tiger.
- Amitabh Bachchan showed off his new Covid-19 mask on social media, and his grandchildren -- Navya and Agastya Nanda -- couldn't get enough of it.
- Producer Boney Kapoor and his Maidaan director, Amit Sharma, are miffed about RRR potentially clashing with their film at the box office.
- Hrithik Roshan has shared a rare picture with ex-brother-in-law Zayed Khan, who accompanied him on a hike. See the picture here.
- Designer Manish Malhotra has shared a behind-the-scenes video of Varun Dhawan getting fitted for his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Watch the video here.
- Shah Rukh Khan's wife, Gauri Khan, has shared a throwback photo from Paris, leaving Maheep Kapoor and Malaika Arora in awe.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut, in an incendiary video, has called for everybody who supported the 'so-called' farmers' protests to be jailed.
- "The whole world is laughing at us today," Kangana Ranaut wrote in a new tweet, targeting Diljit Dosanjh and Priyanka Chopra.