Shah Rukh lights up, lawyer files complaint
A complaint was filed in a court in Jaipur on Monday against Shah Rukh Khan for publicly smoking at the Sawai Man Singh Stadium during an Indian Premier League (IPL) match on Sunday between Rajasthan Royals and Kolkata Knight Riders, a lawyer said.
The complaint was submitted in the court of the additional chief judicial magistrate. The court has fixed April 12 for hearing in the matter.
"Smoking publicly is banned in Rajasthan since 2000. However, Shah Rukh Khan was smoking publicly in front of thousands of spectators. The actor was broadcast live while smoking on the TV channel which was showing the match," said lawyer Nem Singh Rathore who filed the complaint on behalf of Jaipur Cricket Academy director Anand Singh Rathore.
The lawyer said that spectators were being allowed into the stadium only after frisking.
"The police was confiscating any objectionable items including cigarettes while frisking. However, it seems Shah Rukh was allowed to carry the cigarette packet into the stadium which is negligence on part of the police also," the complainant said.
Shah Rukh is the co-owner of the Kolkata Knight Riders.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut has posted a video from the sets of Tejas in which she can be seen training on a net. She plays an Indian Air Force pilot in the film.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.