Shamshera: Ranbir Kapoor to do a double role, Vaani Kapoor to play a dancer
Bollywood actor Vaani Kapoor, who plays a dancer in her upcoming film with Ranbir Kapoor, Shamshera, has begun learning classical dance form of Kathak. Producers of the film, Yash Raj Films, shared a picture of Vaani where she strikes a pose from the classical dance revealed that she is taking lessons.
The post from YRF handle read, “Getting into the #Shamshera mode! @_vaanikapoor_ trains in Kathak for @shamsheramovie #shamshera #vaanikapoor #ranbirkapoor #sanjaydutt #prep #newrelease #karanmalhotra #newfilm #yrf.” Vaani essays the role of a dancer in the film that will be directed by Karan Malhotra and is scheduled to release in July, 2020.
Speaking about learning Kathak, Vaani told Bollywoodlife, “Since Shamshera is set in a particular time, the dance sequences require me to have a very Indian, very classical body language, which is why I started taking Kathak classes to learn the nuances and the grace. Karan specifically wanted me to adapt to a more traditional Indian dance form and break from the western style to do justice to the choreography that is being set for me.”
Karan Malhotra has directed Hrithik Roshan’s blockbuster, Agneepath. Shamshera is touted to be a desi, high-octane masala film. An edge of the seat adventure, it is set in the heartland of India and will have thrilling action sequences. Sanjay Dutt takes on Ranbir as he plays a ruthless, merciless villain in the film.
According to a media report, Ranbir will play both a father and his son in the film: “The film revolves around a dacoit tribe that is fighting for its rights and independence from the British Raj. Apart from playing the protagonist, Ranbir might also be seen as the central character’s father. He has been shooting for both roles simultaneously. This is the first time in his 12-year-long career so far that Ranbir will play a double role,” the report quoted a source as saying. Shamshera is also expected to clash with Ranbir’s girlfriend Alia Bhatt’s Telugu debut RRR.
While Ranbir was recently seen in Rajkumar Hirani’s Sanju, Vaani was last seen opposite Ranveer Singh in Befikre. Ranbir is currently gearing up for the release of Ayan Mukerji’s Brahmastra where he stars alongside Alia Bhatt, Mouni Roy and Amitabh Bachchan.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.
- Priyanka Chopra has amplified an author's tweet in which she'd shared pictures of yesteryear stars such as Dharmendra, Shammi Kapoor, Biswajit, Sadhna, Saira Banu, Asha Parekh and Sunil Dutt.
- A video of actor Sara Ali Khan arriving with gifts for Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan's second baby, has been shared online. Watch here.
- Time to Dance trailer continues the Indian dance film tradition of telling an engaging tale through a performing art form. Watch Isabelle Kaif in her debut role as Sooraj Pancholi makes a comeback.
- Bhumi Pednekar and Rajkummar Rao have completed a filming schedule of Badhaai Do. Announcing the wrap, the duo joined director Harshavardhan Kulkarni to make their own 'Pawri Ho Rahi Hai' video.
- Richa Chadha has shared a song featuring Aishwarya Rai and Salman Khan to express her sorrow on paying a huge price for getting her fuel tank filled.