Sonali Bendre rediscovers simple joys of life as she returns home after cancer treatment in New York
Sonali Bendre has been a picture of resilience all through her treatment for cancer in the last five months. Now that she is back in Mumbai amid treatment, her joy is more than palpable. She posted a picture of herself with her pet dog and looked happy as ever.
Sharing it as Instagram story, Sonali wrote: “Reunited, Little Miss Joy.”
Sonali reached Mumbai after five months of stay in New York where she was undergoing treatment for ‘high grade’ cancer. Describing her journey on social media, she had mentioned how there were times when she was in so much pain that even lifting a finger hurt. But Sonali has shown exceptional courage in taking the illness head-on and fought it. Giving her support all through her journey has been her husband, director Goldie Behl.
On Monday, accompanied by Goldie, Sonali walked out of the Mumbai airport with a smile on her face and greeted the waiting paparazzi with a namaste. Goldie was quoted by Navbharat Times as saying: “Sabhi ka bahot bahot shukriya. Kareeb 6 mahine ho chuke hain, main sabko batana chahta hoon ki ab Sonali theekh hain, woh achchi tarah recover kar rahin hain. Main unke sabhi fans aur chaahne walon ka shukriya karta hoon, jinn ke pyar, prayer aur support se woh swasthh ho gayin hain (Thank you. After six months, I would like to mention that Sonali is doing fine and is recovering well. I want to thank all her fans and well wishers, whose love, prayers and support have been critical to her path to good health.)
On her arrival in Mumbai, some of closest pals, Sussanne Khan and Gayatri Oberoi, visited her home. A video clip showed Sussanne getting into her car after visiting Sonali.
Sonali has herself posted a long note at the time of her departure from New York. She had written how distance had made her long for her loved ones even more. She has said how in the course of her stay in New York, she had been witness to so many stories and how she realised that one must never give up. She also added her joy at the prospect of meeting her family and friends. She also added how her fight against cancer wasn’t over yet.
She said: “They say ‘Distance makes the heart grow fonder’. It sure does. But let’s never underestimate what distance teaches you. Being away from home in the city of New York, I realized I was walking amongst so many stories. Each trying to write their own chapter in different ways. Each struggling to do it but never giving up. Each taking it #OneDayAtATime.And now I’m on my way back to where my heart is. It’s a feeling I can’t describe in words but I’m going to try - it’s the joy to see my family and friends again, the excitement to do what I love and mainly the gratitude for the journey I’ve had up until this moment. The fight is not yet over...but I’m happy and looking forward to this happy interval :) It’s time to learn that there is a new normal out there and I can’t wait to embrace it and #SwitchOnTheSunshine.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Pooja Bhatt has said that she took a step back from acting because she had no desire to play 'arm candy' to heroes.
- Arjun Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor have shared special birthday posts for their half-sister, Janhvi Kapoor. Read their messages here.
- Fans clamoured for any new detail about Kareena Kapoor's new baby, after she posted a year-in-recap post on Instagram.
- Actor Janhvi Kapoor, who turned 24 on Saturday, has spoken about the most valuable life lessons she learned from her parents, Boney Kapoor and Sridevi.
- Ranveer Singh took to Instagram and shared an old picture featuring Rohan Shrestha on the photographer's birthday. The photo was taken when they were 14.
- "I will not make the statement you want me to, take my smile instead," said Gul Panag, refusing to comment on statements made by several celebrities about the farmers' protest, in a video being widely shared online.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut has said that she hasn't taken a single holiday in 2021, and has worked through her periods.
- Actors Swara Bhasker, Richa Chadha, Tisca Chopra, Satyadeep Misra, Rajshri Deshpande and others took to social media to voice their support for Taapsee Pannu and Anurag Kashyap.
- Janhvi Kapoor had once revealed how her mother did not want her to join films. Sridevi felt her older daughter would not be able to survive in the industry.
- New behind-the-scenes photos from the sets of an advertisment capture Ranbir Kapoor's transformation into an old man.
- Actor Rhea Chakraborty's lawyer Satish Maneshinde has called the 12000-page charge sheet filed by the Narcotics Control Bureau in the Sushant Singh Rajput's death case a 'damp squib'.
- Gauahar Khan has shared a video of her father, recalling the 'most favourite memory' of her life. The actor's father died on Friday.
- Actor and politician Nafisa Ali has shared some glorious pictures from her youth. Needless to say, she looks beautiful in them. Check them out here.