Sonali Bendre smiles as she returns to Mumbai, husband Goldie says she’s recovering. See pics
Sonali Bendre on Monday arrived in Mumbai from New York, where she has been undergoing treatment for a ‘high grade cancer’. Since the time she first shared the news of her illness in July this year, she has been keeping her fans updated via social media posts.
Video clips show her exiting the airport, accompanied by her husband Goldie Behl and others. She sports her bald look and can be seen in a heavy overcoat. Speaking to media, Goldie said that Sonali is fine now and that she is recovering well.
Nav Bharat Times quoted him as saying: “Sabhi ka bahot bahot shukriya. Kareeb 6 mahine ho chuke hain, main sabko batana chahta hoon ki ab Sonali theekh hain, woh achchi tarah recover kar rahin hain. Main unke sabhi fans aur chaahne walon ka shukriya karta hoon, jinn ke pyar, prayer aur support se woh swasthh ho gayin hain (Thank you. After six months, I would like to mention that Sonali is doing fine and is recovering well. I want to thank all her fans and well wishers, whose love, prayers and support have been critical to her path to good health.)
Earlier in the day, Sonali had announced on Instagram that she is returning to Mumbai for a short break. However, she added that the fight cancer was from over.
She wrote: “They say Distance makes the heart grow fonder. It sure does. But let’s never underestimate what distance teaches you. Being away from home in the city of New York, I realized I was walking amongst so many stories. Each trying to write their own chapter in different ways. Each struggling to do it but never giving up. Each taking it #OneDayAtATime.”
Sonali has written about her struggles in previous posts detailing how painful the experience has been. There had been times when she didn’t have the strength to lift a finger. At other times, she had also written about not wanting to give up. Sharing a photo of herself without any hair and applying koel (kajal), she had written: “There have been days when I’ve been so exhausted and in so much pain that even lifting a finger hurt.”
She has been visited by many friends and well wishers during her time in New York. Hrithik Roshan’s ex-wife Sussanne Khan and former actor Gayatri Joshi have visited her, and together they had posed pictures with Sonali. Priyanka Chopra, who maintains a home in New York, too has paid her a visit. In fact, Sonali and Neetu Singh were part of Priyanka’s bridal shower in NYC in September this year. Anupam Kher too has been a regular visitor.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.
- Actor Ameesha Patel took to her social media accounts on Saturday to seemingly address reports that she'd defrauded a businessman.
- Genelia D'Souza once teased sons Rahyl and Riaan about Riteish Deshmukh's 'new girlfriend'. She said that the boys got rather 'upset' with him over the joke.
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.