Sonali Bendre returns home to Mumbai, writes fight with cancer not over yet. See pic
Actor Sonali Bendre, who has been undergoing treatment for ‘high grade’ cancer in New York since July, has shared on social media that she is returning home in Mumbai for a “happy interval” while adding that the “fight is not yet over”. The actor wrote that it is a joy to see her friends and family again and share her journey.
Sharing a photo on social media, Sonali wrote, “They say Distance makes the heart grow fonder. It sure does. But let’s never underestimate what distance teaches you. Being away from home in the city of New York, I realized I was walking amongst so many stories. Each trying to write their own chapter in different ways. Each struggling to do it but never giving up. Each taking it #OneDayAtATime.”
She went on to say that she is on her way back home, “And now I’m on my way back to where my heart is. It’s a feeling I can’t describe in words but I’m going to try - it’s the joy to see my family and friends again, the excitement to do what I love and mainly the gratitude for the journey I’ve had up until this moment. The fight is not yet over...but I’m happy and looking forward to this happy interval.”
Calling it her new normal, she added, “It’s time to learn that there is a new normal out there and I can’t wait to embrace it and #SwitchOnTheSunshine. #NowPlaying #AdventureOfALifeTime. And as my adventure with life continues these words by Chris Martin hit home, Everything you want is a dream away. Under this pressure, under this weight We are diamonds taking shape.”
The actor has been sharing her journey on social media, with uplifting messages about her ongoing battle. She revealed her diagnosis in an emotional post. “Sometimes, when you least expect it, life throws you a curveball. I have recently been diagnosed with a high grade cancer that has metastised, which we frankly did not see coming. A niggling pain led to some tests, which led to this unexpected diagnosis. My family and close friends have rallied around me, providing the best support system that anyone can ask for.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here
- After the death of singer Sardool Sikander on Wednesday, comedian Kapil Sharma shared a video from his daughter Anayra's first Lohri, when Sardool gave his blessings to the baby.
- The teaser of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Gangubai Kathiawadi, starring Alia Bhatt in the titular role, was released on Wednesday. Watch it here.
- Alia Bhatt shared a new poster of her upcoming movie Gangubai Kathiawadi. The poster received love from many Bollywood stars including Ranveer Singh , Katrina Kaif and Varun Dhawan.
- Actor Nora Fatehi in an emotional interview recalled the difficulties that she faced as a struggler in Bollywood.