Sushant Singh Rajput’s autopsy report surfaces, notes ligature mark present around the neck
Late actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s autopsy report has surfaced online. The actor was found dead at his Bandra apartment on June 14. The autopsy report, of which Hindustan Times also has a copy, mentions ‘asphyxia due to hanging’ as the cause of death.
The report mentions that there are no injuries or fractures around his neck and brain. It also mentioned the ligature marks around the neck, which were more prominent towards the right and absent over the back of the neck. "...pressure abrasion (ligature mark) present around the neck at the level of thyroid-cartilage, passes obliquely upward, backward towards mastoid process on both sides," it noted. The report said that the "total length of ligature mark is 33 cm".
The report, which has been signed by five doctors, said that there is no evidence of haemorrhage in subcutaneous tissue and muscle and in the thyroid gland, laryngeal muscles and para-tracheal muscles.
Sushant’s death is being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation. Several conspiracy theories are circulating on social media around his death. While it was earlier reported that he died by suicide, his family has also claimed that it should be investigated to rule out murder.
A forensic team of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Delhi will analyse the injury pattern in relation to medical findings in the death of Sushant. The CBI has approached the premier research institute for its medico-legal opinion.
The move came days after the Supreme Court approved CBI investigation, as recommended by the Bihar government to probe the death of the actor. Dr Sudhir Gupta, head of the forensic department at AIIMS, said that CBI will provide them reports related to Sushant Singh Rajput’s case.
Another forensic expert at AIIMS said they will also evaluate whether the post-mortem findings are correct or not “or there is a possibility of judgmental error”.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.