Sushant Singh Rajput’s family lawyer on Kangana Ranaut: ‘She is on her own trip, trying to settle her own scores’
Vikas Singh, the lawyer representing Sushant Singh Rajput’s father KK Singh in his ongoing case against Rhea Chakraborty and members of her family, has addressed Kangana Ranaut’s opinions on the matter. Kangana had proclaimed that Sushant was ostracised by the film industry, which could have been one of the reasons behind his suicide. Sushant died on June 14, and his father has accused his girlfriend Rhea of having abetted his suicide.
In an interview to Pinkvilla, Vikas Singh said, “She’s trying to further her own agenda and attack people she has a personal issue with to settle her own scores. She seems to be on her own trip. The family’s FIR has nothing to do with her claims at all.”
Singh, however, also added that Kangana did make some relevant points. “Everyone knows nepotism exists in the industry. Sushant too must have faced discrimination. But that can’t be the primary course of investigation in this case. Those can still be contributory factors. but the main case is on how Rhea and her gang tiled to completely exploit and finish Sushant.’
Kangana also shared a video interview clip of Singh on Twitter in which he said that Kangana could be right about some things. He said that the theory that the vacuum created by other facts might have been exploited by Rhea. Sharing the video, Kangana wrote, “SSR’s family and their lawyer have always been very supportive of my struggle.”
Kangana has accused everyone from Karan Johar to Aditya Chopra -- two industry personalities she has gone on the record against for personal reasons in the past -- of having sidelined Sushant. She recently called for Karan’s Padma Shri to be taken away from him, and had in the past promised to return her own if her allegations were proven to be untrue. Kangana had told Republic TV in an interview, “I am telling you, if I have said anything, which I can’t testify, which I can’t prove, and which is not in public domain, I will return my Padma Shri.”
Sushant’s case is being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation, while the Enforcement Directorate is conducting its own investigation into allegations of misappropriation of funds against Rhea and her brother, Showik Chakraborty.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Filmmaker-actor Divya Khosla Kumar has spoken about her journey, and how she didn't want to join the film industry when she first moved to Mumbai.
- Actor Rajkummar Rao isn't over his obsession with Shah Rukh Khan. He has often spoken about his love for SRK.
- As actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan prepare to move into their house, their designer gave an insight into all the amenities the new home will have.
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
- Taimur Ali Khan was fascinated by a cow outside his Fortune Heights residence. He folded his hands and enjoyed its owner playing film songs on his wind instrument.
- Actor Salman Khan prepared some raw onion pickle in a new video shared by his 'sister', Bina Kak. Watch video here.