When Salman Khan made Janhvi Kapoor dance in front of his entire crew. This was way before Dhadak
Janhvi Kapoor is just days away from her debut, Dhadak, hitting the big screen. The actor, who is starring opposite Ishaan Khatter in Shashank Khaitan’s Sairat remake, recently revealed how she was embarrassed in front of the Wanted crew by Salman Khan.
Janhvi Kapoor said in an interview to Deccan Chronicle, “Once when I visited the sets of Wanted, Prabhudeva was rehearsing a dance sequence with Salman Khan and Katrina. I was around 10 or 12 then. I crept into the room where the dancing was taking place. I was so fond of dancing that I couldn’t resist myself. I stood in the corner, swaying to the beats of the song.”
It was then that Salman spotted her. “I was busy enjoying dancing and didn’t realise Salman had spotted me. He called me and asked me to dance in the middle of the room. I went ahead and danced happily, while the others stood around me, Janhvi said. She went on to say that . Back then I thought they were all appreciating my moves but when I think about it today, I’m so embarrassed!” The young star also says, “God knows what they would have been thinking!”
Janhvi’s love for dancing extends to Bollywood too. She has said in the past that acting is the only thing she knows. She recently revealed how she was obsessed with Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone’s Om Shanti Om. “I always wanted to see myself on screen. I remember I would watch random movies and was obsessed with ‘Om Shanti Om’. I would enact every scene from the film and force Khushi to be Shah Rukh Khan and I’d be Deepika, doing that typical hand wave,” told Janhvi.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who deleted a controversial tweet against Tandav, defended it from allegations of inciting violence.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.
- Actor Sonam Kapoor has shared a new image from the Glasgow sets of her upcoming film, Blind. Her dad, Anil Kapoor, left a comment on her post.
- Natasa Stankovic has paid a heartfelt tribute to Hardik Pandya’s father who died on Saturday after suffering a heart attack.
- Disha Patani took to Instagram stories to share a video of herself dancing to rumoured boyfriend Tiger Shroff's new track, Casanova.