Morgan Stanley denies reports on BPO unit sale
US investment bank Morgan Stanley on Saturday said it has no plans to sell its Indian BPO operations, Morgan Stanley Advantage Services (MSAS).
"Morgan Stanley has no plans to sell (the BPO unit) and confirms that it remains fully committed to MSAS which is a successful and important component to its business globally," the investment banking firm said in a statement in Mumbai.
Based at Goregaon in Mumbai, MSAS supports Morgan Stanley's institutional securities businesses worldwide.
There were reports in the media that the company has put the unit on the block.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Indian Institute of Science in Bangalore retained its ranks for Materials Science (78th) and Chemistry (93rd).
- India’s vaccination campaign ramped up on Monday, with people above the age of 60, and individuals 45 or older suffering from certain medical conditions, now eligible for shots.
- The company, which relies heavily on digital advertising using user data, said it will not track individual-level data such as personally identifiable information (PII) graphs based on people’s email addresses.
- In comparison, PMI for the manufacturing sector had fallen marginally to 57.5 in February from 57.7 a month ago, data released on Monday showed.
- The Council is expected to meet this month, but a date is yet to be finalized, the first person said.
- Lawyers representing the consortium had earlier insisted that DGCA and the aviation ministry must follow the principle of historicity and grant slots to the revived Jet Airways.
- The Suzuki Motor Corp. unit has told its suppliers about its strategies, asking them to ramp up production, the people cited above said on condition of anonymity.
- The BSE Sensex gained 1,147.76 points or 2.28% to end at 51,444.65, while the Nifty surged 326.50 points or 2.19% to close at 15,245.60
- For those filing returns for FY20 in form ITR-1—people with income from salaries, one house property and farm income up to ₹5,000—the last date for filing was January 10, 2021.
- HDFC also outlined that the changes will affect customers who currently have availed home loan benefits from the lender.