Congress will implement all 5 promises to Karnataka voters, says CM. What were they?
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Friday said all the five poll guarantees of the Congress will be implemented. Let's take a look at what was promised.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah on Friday said all the five poll guarantees of the Congress will be implemented in the current financial year. He added that all these promises will be rolled out "without any discrimination of caste or religion.”
His statement came after the conclusion of the cabinet meeting held today. He spoke to reporters and said all the five promises have been discussed thoroughly.
"We held a cabinet meeting today. We discussed all five promises thoroughly. We have decided that all five guarantees will be implemented in the present financial year," CM Siddaramaiah said.
What are the 5 promises made by the Congress?
The Congress had promised to implement five ‘guarantees’, which are -
- 200 units of free power to all households under the Gruha Jyoti scheme
- ₹2,000 monthly assistance to the woman head of every family, which comes under the Gruha Lakshmi scheme
- 10 kgs of rice to every member of a BPL household - as part of the Anna Bhagya scheme
- ₹3,000 allowance per month for unemployed youth with a graduate degree, and ₹1,500 allowance for unemployed diploma holders (both in the age group of 18 to 25) under the Yuva Nidhi scheme
- Free travel for all women in public transport buses
The confirmation came in the backdrop of mounting pressure on the government from residents of the state and opposition party members alike, to implement the five guarantees at the earliest, with several opposing to pay their electricity bills and attacking power supply company employees regarding the same.