Madhya Pradesh: Three die after inhaling toxic gas in well

Updated on Aug 13, 2022 12:52 AM IST

A team of Madhya Pradesh’s forensic science laboratory has collected samples from the well and sealed it following the three deaths

Police said a team of the State Disaster Emergency Response Force rushed to the village but could not save the three men (Getty Images/iStockphoto)
Police said a team of the State Disaster Emergency Response Force rushed to the village but could not save the three men (Getty Images/iStockphoto)

BHOPAL: Three people, including a man and his son, died after inhaling toxic gases in a well on their farm in Sagar district, police said on Friday.

Police said the incident occurred in Piparia village, around 40 km from the district headquarters, on Thursday evening, and the deceased were identified as Khilan Singh Lodhi, 65, his son Neetu Lodhi, 25 and Sunil Patel, 25, all residents of the village.

Anand Singh, the town inspector of Gorjhamar police station, said, “Khilan Singh entered the well constructed on his farm to take out the water pump motor as the water level had increased. Khilan fainted on the stairs of the well after inhaling the poisonous gas emanating from the well. When Khilan didn’t come out for long, his son Neetu entered the well. He also collapsed. To save father and son, Sunil entered the well and died.”

Later, villagers informed the police. A team of the State Disaster Emergency Response Force also reached the spot, police said, adding that a forensic science laboratory (FSL) team collected samples and sealed the well.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE ON
SHARE
Story Saved
×
Saved Articles
Following
My Reads
My Offers
Sign out
New Delhi 0C
Sunday, September 25, 2022
Start 15 Days Free Trial Subscribe Now
Register Free and get Exciting Deals