6 youths killed in a car accident in Indore after party
- An employee of a nearby petrol pump said he heard a blast-like sound and when he reached the accident spot, he saw the car in a bad shape, said a police officer.
Six persons were killed when their car rammed into a stationary tanker in Indore in the early hours on Tuesday, said police.
The deceased were identified as Rishi Pawar, 19, Sonu Jat, 23, Chandrabhan Raghuvanshi, 23, Suraj, 25, Dev, 28 and Sumit Singh Yadav, 30. The accident at Niranjan Square of Indore, took place when the victims were returning from Dewas after attending a party, said Nar Pal Singh, inspector, Lasudia police station.
“An employee of a petrol pump said he heard a blast-like sound and when he reached the spot, he saw the car in a bad shape. He informed the police about the accident,” said the inspector.
“All the youths were believed to be drunk. The car was damaged badly in the accident. Four of the killed youth’s body's parts were severed by the impact,” he added.
“Two persons were rushed to hospital where they died while under treatment,” said Yadav.
After the post-mortem, the bodies have been handed over to their families.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The man was arrested in 2018 for raping a minor girl. In 2019, the court granted him interim bail.
- Retired IAS M Gopal Reddy comes under the scanner again.
- Geeta went missing 20 years ago and reached Lahore, where she was found sitting alone in Samjhauta express in the year 2000.
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- A decision to this effect was taken after BJP MLA from Mandsaur, Yashpal Singh Sisodia, raised the issue in the state legislative assembly.
- The family members of the accused said the girls knew Sohail for several years and they had gone to Khargone to celebrate Sohail’s birthday