She is a senior reporter based at Bhopal. She covers higher education, social issues, youth affairs, woman and child development related issues, sports and business & industries.
Articles by Shruti Tomar
PUBLISHED ON MAR 01, 2021 06:06 PM IST
Sameer Khan, who had worked at the shop of one of the brothers till recently, had eloped with their sister against their wish. They invited their sister over citing their father’s ill health and allegedly stabbed Khan to death at a cafe
PUBLISHED ON FEB 28, 2021 11:41 AM IST
- The family members of the accused said the girls knew Sohail for several years and they had gone to Khargone to celebrate Sohail’s birthday
PUBLISHED ON FEB 26, 2021 04:50 AM IST
The Congress on Thursday inducted Babulal Chaurasiya into the party in the presence of former chief minister Kamal Nath.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 25, 2021 01:29 PM IST
Congress leaders justified Babulal Chaurasiya’s induction saying they welcomed him as the party believes in forgiving and forgetting
PUBLISHED ON FEB 24, 2021 05:05 AM IST
Police registered a first action report invoking the law against Khajurao-based convent school principal Sister Bhagya.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 23, 2021 05:45 PM IST
- The Madhya Pradesh government said that if the pilot project in Indore works, then it would hand over more primary and community health centres to private partners under PPP mode.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 23, 2021 12:21 PM IST
- An employee of a nearby petrol pump said he heard a blast-like sound and when he reached the accident spot, he saw the car in a bad shape, said a police officer.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 22, 2021 07:36 AM IST
- Dentist Tripathi confessed to his crime after police found the tower location of Vibha’s mobile matched his at the same time on December 14, the day Vibha vanished.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 22, 2021 06:34 AM IST
The survivor’s family has, meanwhile, alleged that the police didn’t take immediate action in the matter and even the FIR was registered after 15-16 hours.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 20, 2021 11:20 AM IST
The ASI gave the go-ahead to the state government to conduct the festival indoors following Union culture and tourism minister Prahlad Singh Patel's intervention.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 04:58 PM IST
He was arrested in Indore for allegedly abducting a minor girl, forcing her to marry him and convert her religion
PUBLISHED ON FEB 18, 2021 03:47 PM IST
- The health department will also hold a health survey of genotype (Prakriti Parikshan) of residents of MP to know about the health status of residents and to analyse the reason behind their ailments.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 17, 2021 08:05 PM IST
- Farmers who are planning to hold a mahapanchayat in the Malwa region said they will ignore the prohibitory orders.
By Shruti Tomar, Hindustan Times, Bhopal
UPDATED ON FEB 18, 2021 03:58 AM IST
While seven passengers were rescued, the driver and at least five others were missing till the time of going to press.
UPDATED ON FEB 16, 2021 11:26 AM IST
Police have registered a case against her husband, father-in-law, brother-in-law, and a relative for voluntarily causing hurt, abusing, and criminal intimidation
PUBLISHED ON FEB 13, 2021 03:07 PM IST
- This was the fifth gun battle between the police and Maoists in Balaghat division over the past six months.
By Shruti Tomar and Neha Jain, Bhopal
UPDATED ON FEB 13, 2021 03:39 AM IST
Faruqui was released from prison late on February 6 after the Supreme Court stayed a Madhya Pradesh high court judgment that declined him bail, and issued notices to the state police as well as the complainant.
By Shruti Tomar and Neha Jain
PUBLISHED ON FEB 12, 2021 03:16 PM IST
Vyas and Anthony, both MBA students, spent 42 days in jail. They were the organisers of the show at a local restaurant in Indore. Vyas had called Faruqui for the show
PUBLISHED ON FEB 12, 2021 12:16 PM IST
- A separate FIR was registered against Roman Kanjar, Nathua Kanjar, Surendra Kanjar and Jitendra Kanjar under the relevant Sections of Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act
PUBLISHED ON FEB 11, 2021 06:13 AM IST
- In a month since the enactment of the Madhya Pradesh Freedom of Religion Ordinance to regulate interfaith marriages and conversion, 28 people have been booked and at least half of them are Christians, according to police records.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 09, 2021 05:23 PM IST
Nalin Yadav’s bail plea is pending before the Supreme Court while that of Edwin Anthony and Prakhar Vyas before the high court
PUBLISHED ON FEB 08, 2021 06:45 AM IST
Even as Faruqui refused to comment on the case, he said, “I won’t comment over this issue but I have full faith in my judiciary and laws."
By Shruti Tomar | Edited by Arpan Rai, Bhopal
PUBLISHED ON FEB 07, 2021 01:44 AM IST
The delay caused in releasing the stnad-up comedian was allegedly due to prison officials citing a warrant issued by a Prayagraj court against Faruqui.
By Shruti Tomar and Neha Jain
PUBLISHED ON FEB 06, 2021 11:36 PM IST
Bhopal/Indore: Stand-up comedian Munawar Faruqui continued to remain in jail on Saturday, a day after the Supreme Court granted him interim bail in a case registered against him in Madhya Pradesh for allegedly hurting religious sentiments
PUBLISHED ON FEB 06, 2021 01:21 PM IST
- The convicted women had tortured the deceased mentally and threatened to throw acid on her face and get her raped.
UPDATED ON FEB 05, 2021 04:40 PM IST
The accused had threatened the family with dire consequences when he was arrested in June for raping the girl’s aunt. He has been booked for rape and under the POCSO Act
PUBLISHED ON FEB 05, 2021 11:38 AM IST
- India became the 4th country to have a national standard for Nuclear Biological and Chemical (NBC) permeable protective clothing, said DRDE officials.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 04, 2021 10:44 AM IST
Deepak Marawi’s post-mortem report earlier concluded that cardio-respiratory failure as a result of suspected poisoning led to his death
UPDATED ON FEB 04, 2021 10:38 AM IST
- National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) chairman Priyank Kanoongo said the data clearly shows that there is a scam in administering of the scheme in MP
By Shruti Tomar/ Mahesh Shivhare
UPDATED ON FEB 03, 2021 04:13 PM IST
According to the FIR, the woman worked as domestic help and lived in a room her employer provided her. Bhadoriya allegedly barged into her room along with the other accused and raped her