PUBLISHED ON FEB 14, 2021 04:50 PM IST
"How come (Trivedi) stayed so long if (he) was feeling suffocated? Even swimmers also fail to do so," said Chatterjee while addressing a press conference here.
UPDATED ON FEB 14, 2021 04:50 PM IST
- Five alleged drug dealers, three of whom are based in Assam and Manipur, were arrested during the operation.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 14, 2021 06:14 AM IST
New Glencoe tea garden falls within the jurisdiction of Rangamati gram panchayat.
UPDATED ON FEB 14, 2021 05:45 AM IST
Para teachers have been sitting on a demonstration outside Bikash Bhawan in Kolkata since December 8 last year.
UPDATED ON FEB 13, 2021 11:09 PM IST
- TMC MP Abhishek Banerjee, who happens to be the nephew of chief minister Mamata Banerjee, flagged off the first 'Didir Doot' tableau on Saturday.
UPDATED ON FEB 13, 2021 07:03 PM IST
- Other regional parties like the JMM, JD(U), the RJD, among others have also decided to contest the polls either in alliance or on their own.
UPDATED ON FEB 12, 2021 09:19 PM IST
- Shah has announced that the Centre will enforce the citizenship law once Covid-19 vaccination is over and the pandemic ends.
By HT Correspondent, Berhampore
UPDATED ON FEB 12, 2021 06:34 PM IST
- The BJP planned five roadshows in the run-up to the assembly polls due in April-May.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Deepali Sharma, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON FEB 12, 2021 10:10 AM IST
Traffic disruptions were reported as Left workers blocked roads at severe places in the state.
By HT Correspondent | Edited by Zara Khan
PUBLISHED ON FEB 12, 2021 09:23 AM IST
Dozens of Congress and Left activists were injured following a clash with the police in central Kolkata on Thursday. The activists were marching towards the state secretariat at Nabanna with a set of demands
PUBLISHED ON FEB 11, 2021 09:28 PM IST
Condemning the brutal attacks on students and young men and women by the "police force of the Trinamool Congress government", Left Front Chairman Biman Bose announced a 12- hour West Bengal bandh by the Left and associate parties from 6 am on Friday in protest.
By HT Correspondent | Edited by Zara Khan
PUBLISHED ON FEB 10, 2021 10:13 AM IST
All six, from three districts in the state, had gone to work at the Tapovan Hydro-Electric Power Dam which has been washed away. While 31 bodies have been recovered, 175 persons are yet to be traced
UPDATED ON FEB 09, 2021 10:26 PM IST
- At least two dozen senior officers of the Indian Police Service and West Bengal Police Service in the state were transferred on Saturday.
By Joydeep Thakur | Edited by Sparshita Saxena, Kolkata
UPDATED ON FEB 09, 2021 08:38 PM IST
- According to surveys done by the TMC and the BJP, swing in Muslim votes can influence poll-results in as many as 120 assembly seats in Bengal.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 08, 2021 06:50 PM IST
The West Bengal government told the top court that the High Court had already looked into the matter in entirety while hearing the plea filed by the wife of the deceased and said that there was no delay in undertaking a probe into the matter.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 08, 2021 03:25 PM IST
A bench of the apex court, headed by Justice Ashok Bhushan, recorded the submissions made by lawyer Shashank Shekhar Jha, and other parties, disposed of the petition filed by him, and said, if the petitioner wants, then he may approach the concerned state High Court to seek relief in the case.
UPDATED ON FEB 07, 2021 10:26 PM IST
- PM Modi, during a rally, also held the 3 parties responsible for the woes of the people and lack of development in Bengal.
UPDATED ON FEB 06, 2021 09:27 PM IST
- “This government has to go. If they can attack me then I can understand what the common people are going through in West Bengal,” Nadda said.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 06, 2021 07:15 AM IST
- TMC's election strategist Prashant Kishor asked specific questions regarding the party’s organisation in some zones in Kolkata and asked party councillors if they needed any support from his team or the leadership.
UPDATED ON FEB 06, 2021 12:42 AM IST
- A district police official said, “With so many people travelling from across Nadia and possibly adjoining districts to take part in these programmes, movement of traffic may be hit.”
UPDATED ON FEB 06, 2021 12:34 AM IST
- The list included generating 1.5 crore new employment opportunities, hiking farmer’s aid, among others.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 05, 2021 02:01 PM IST
The All India Trinamool Congress said on Twitter that the state government has not denied permission to the BJP's programme in contrary to the claims of the saffron party.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 05, 2021 08:25 AM IST
This will be the last budget presentation during the second term of the Trinamool Congress government. Assembly elections could be held in March – April this year
PUBLISHED ON FEB 04, 2021 05:53 PM IST
The projects are those of PSUs Indian Oil Corporation (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corporation (BPCL), Gas Authority of India (GAIL) and NHAI.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 03, 2021 06:19 PM IST
Union Home Minister Amit Shah and BJP chief JP Nadda are expected to flag off five yatras this month in the poll- bound West Bengal.
PUBLISHED ON FEB 03, 2021 02:29 PM IST
The three centres -- state-run SSKM hospital, RG Kar Medical College and Hospital and Kolkata Medical College and Hospital - would be administering the vaccines to health and civic workers, after they sign a consent form.
UPDATED ON FEB 03, 2021 06:20 AM IST
RJD national general secretary Shyam Rajak met Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee’s nephew and TMC youth wing president Abhishek Banerjee in Kolkata on Monday, Rajak said.
UPDATED ON FEB 02, 2021 10:03 PM IST
- This comes a day after the Centre, in its Union budget, announced a package of ₹1,000 crore for the welfare of tea garden workers in West Bengal and Assam.
By hindustantimes.com | Edited by Ayshee Bhaduri, Hindustan Times, New Delhi
UPDATED ON FEB 02, 2021 09:33 PM IST
- The state government has said that students will only be allowed to attend offline classes with parental consent. Teachers have been demanding that classes should be resumed in a proper phased out manner, the state government has kept their demand under consideration