Uttar Pradesh: Girl found dead, cousin injured hours after they went missing
A five-year-old girl was found dead while her seven-year-old cousin was struggling for her life after they went missing in Uttar Pradesh’s Shahjahanpur, a police officer said.
Police superintendent S Anand said the two were found in a field with serious injuries. “The younger girl was declared dead at a hospital while the other is admitted to intensive care unit. Her condition is stable.”
The girls went missing on their way home after attending their classes at a madrassa. “A search party was formed by the local police station to look for the girls. Additional force from other police stations was also sent. The younger girl was found around 8pm in a field beside a road around a kilometre from their home. The elder girl was found three hours later at some distance from her,” said Anand.
The younger girl had blood oozing out of her mouth. Her head and neck were also injured. Police are awaiting her postmortem report. “The elder girl also has injuries on her neck. It appears that someone tried to strangulate her,” said Anand.
Police have filed a case, started an investigation and detained over half a dozen suspects.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Chaudhary claimed when Prime Minister Narendra Modi was the chief minister of Gujarat in 2011, he had written a letter to then Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, demanding a law to guarantee minimum support price (MSP) to the farmers.
- UP chief secretary RK Tiwari also pointed out to the Australian envoy that UP has already established six nodes under the Defence Corridor for encouraging setting up of defence manufacturing industry.
- UP State Electricity Consumer Council has opposed the corporation's proposal, arguing that the demand for change in slabs was an attempt to hike tariff through the backdoor.
- The accident took place at 68 Milestone within limits of Naujheel police station of Mathura district, said a police officer.
- Aparna Purohit was at Lucknow's Hazratganj police station for nearly four hours to record her statement in connection with the FIR over Amazon Prime Video's web series 'Tandav'.
- The proposal for naming the airport as Maryada Purushottam Shriram Airport would be sent to the Union government that would take a final decision
- Uttar Pradesh now has three international airports – Lucknow, Varanasi and Kushinagar.