India Predicted XI vs Australia for 1st T20I: Deepak Chahar likely to get first game Down Under
India may have lost the ODI series, but the Virat Kohli & co. can put themselves back into a positive mind frame before the Test series if they manage to win the T20I tournament, which holds a larger significance at the moment. The T20I World Cup will be hosted by India next year and the upcoming three-match series will be a chance for the two of the favourites - India and Australia - to test out the competition. India will likely be playing a team similar to the one they played in the ODIs - except there may be a big call in the bowling department.
Also read: India vs Australia 1st T20 Live Streaming:
Here is our predicted XI for India for the first T20I against Australia:
Shikhar Dhawan: Shikhar Dhawan started the tour well with a decent performance in the first ODI - but has struggled in the last two games. He would be eager to fire back in the first T20I.
Mayank Agarwal: Mayank Agarwal, who was dropped in the 3rd ODI, will be eager to put on a performance akin to the ones he displayed in the IPL.
Virat Kohli (c): Virat Kohli has registered two half centuries - but still he has not been able to get a ton this year. The first T20I could be the game when he reaches the mark.
Shreyas Iyer: Shreyas Iyer has managed to get starts - but has failed to convert them to big innings. He needs to showcase why he is still the best player for India’s no.4 batting position.
KL Rahul (wk): KL Rahul would prefer to bat at the top - especially in T20Is - but he would have to settle for the no. 5 role for now.
Hardik Pandya: Hardik Pandya has been the star of the tour so far for India - and this is the format in which he always brings out his best. Australia will not take him lightly.
Ravindra Jadeja: Ravindra Jadeja may have struggled a bit with the ball - but his performance in the 3rd ODI with the bat will see him still being a part of the team.
Washington Sundar: Yuzvendra Chahal was not in the best of form in the ODIs, and he might make way for Washington Sundar in the team - who can also provide India with an additional batting option.
Jasprit Bumrah: Jasprit Bumrah will hope he can return to the lethal form he was in the UAE during IPL 2020.
Mohammed Shami: Mohammed Shami would be hoping for a more economical outcome in the first T20I or he could see himself being replaced again.
Deepak Chahar: Deepak Chahar is likely to get a chance as he has the ability to get wickets with the new ball - and he can also bowl a few death overs when required.
India T20 squad: Shikhar Dhawan, Mayank Agarwal, Virat Kohli (c), Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Deepak Chahar
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A few big names were released from their respective franchises, including Steve Smith, who has been replaced by Sanju Samson as the new captain of Rajasthan Royals.
- The development comes hours after MI released Malinga from their squad, with the franchise owner Aakash Ambani confirming the news.
- IPL 2021: Here is the full list of players retained and released by all eight franchises.
- All-rounder Shakib was back after being given a two-year ban by the International Cricket Council in October 2019, with one year suspended, for failing to report approaches from a bookmaker.
- India vs Australia: Former Australia captain Michael Clarke, who led Australia to the 2015 World Cup title weighed in on India's historic series win, calling the player an 'absolute superstar'.
- IPL: With the IPL 2021 auction not too far, we take a look at the purse available to all eight teams.